nothing enabled

Status
Not open for further replies.

KC0CSE

why is it at times when I turn my PRO 106 on the next day after scanning and I get "NOTHING ENABLED"?? then I have to reprogram via WIN500 again...is something going on I dont know about? does it lose it's mind over night while off???

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
(snip) ... does it lose it's mind over night while off???

Actually, that has happened to at least one person on these forums.

Read this thread, especially from post 11 on down, and the power-on EEPROM test in post 14. You may wish to perform that test quite a few times, as the symptoms can be sporadic.

http://forums.radioreference.com/gre-scanners/258286-psr-600-erased-its-own-memory.html#post1904334

That thread is about the PSR600 and the PRO197, but same basic innards.

KC0CSE

QDP2012

..."NOTHING ENABLED"??...

You probably already know this and have checked this, but even with a correctly programmed scanner, if you don't turn-on at least one ScanList (or have individually turned-off each ScanList), this message will still display.

If you haven't already tried this, the next time you see the error message, press "1" or "2" or whatever number you have programmed as a valid ScanList, and see if the ScanList simply got "turned-off" without losing all of the scanner's programming.

Hope this helps,

KC0CSE

You probably already know this and have checked this, but even with a correctly programmed scanner, if you don't turn-on at least one ScanList (or have individually turned-off each ScanList), this message will still display.

If you haven't already tried this, the next time you see the error message, press "1" or "2" or whatever number you have programmed as a valid ScanList, and see if the ScanList simply got "turned-off" without losing all of the scanner's programming.

Hope this helps,

I will try that....it happens ever now and then....not all the time...my 197 does just fine...

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
Next time "NOTHING ENABLED" shows up, connect the scanner to your computer and *download* from the scanner into WIN500 first, and take a look at the programming that came from the radio.

See if just the scan lists have been turned off, or if things are actually missing.

KC0CSE

Next time "NOTHING ENABLED" shows up, connect the scanner to your computer and *download* from the scanner into WIN500 first, and take a look at the programming that came from the radio.

See if just the scan lists have been turned off, or if things are actually missing.

that's a great idea!

QDP2012

How does the scan list get turned off?....

Maybe something/someone is bumping the keypad without knowing about it. If you haven't already, you might try the "KeyPad-Lock" feature ("FUNC" > "(Light)") to see if it helps prevent the problem.

Hope this helps,

KANDCMCQ

I'm having the same issue. I use my 106 in the vehicle. It works well for a day or two then when I turn on the ignition and the when scanner starts "nothing enabled" appears. No rhyme or reason that I can tell. I've tried turning the unit off prior to shutting off the engine and the next time I manually turn on the scanner, same thing. I'm starting to think the memory module is not keeping the load due to an internal error at start up and cause a "heap error" , which shows up when manually trying to load/correct the issue. I suspect I'll have the same issue with the new Pro 651 as well. Maybe it's the GRE RS /ARC500 programming.

R

retiredmich

When you are in your car do you plug in your scanner BE FOR you start the car ? if so that's why your scanner needs to be turned off & on again because when you start you car or truck the STARTER takes
all the juice to start your car / truck, this is norm. If you notice when you start your car with your car radio on it will kill your car radio & after the car starts the radio will come back on. Hoppe this helps.

stlouisx50

I have had the Pro 106 for some time now, I have had the problem that you have mentioned many many times you do not have to reprogram your scanner all you have to do is turn on the bank that you want on and off, then back on. You will be good to go. One major problem that you may want to Keep an eye on is you losing frequencies that you programmed in. Everything may work correctly but you may lose a talk group, Or may delete a trunk system out of your unit. In my case The talk group remains but the frequencies inside the talk group are deleted or missing. It mainly happens with just the one trunked system but has also Deleted conventional frequencies.

I will say besides that the probe 106 is a very rugged scanner I've dropped it numerous times at numerous heights on numerous positions and it still remained working but recently I dropped it and now have a problem, so if you can deal with the few issues, it's not a bad rig.

KANDCMCQ

Now my Pro 197 is loosing the 11 MissouriStatewide Trunking/Talkgroup frequencies fill as the Pro 106 does without cause. I'm thinking it's a programming error in the software or how the scanner boots up and looses the fill by error. I've attempted to manually fill the frequencies, but it still get a "Heap Error".
Must reload the fill every time. Should I try the other software vs ARC500

stlouisx50

Ah, now that's interesting. That's the same exact system that my pro106 has the problem with. Now that we are both having the same problem I'm thinking their system is sending something out to erase the pro106. Whether it's being done on purpose or by accident, something is up with the two.

Status
Not open for further replies.