No Sale For Fathers Day???

Status
Not open for further replies.

KC0CSE

Wow Radio Shack did you drop the ball on Fathers Day!!!!...no sale.....you missed out......someone did not have the light on... $469 is not a sale!! and please take your PRO 106 AND PRO 197 off your page....if you don't have it ....don't post it like you do....ok I feel better now that I got that off my chest...And by the way "HAPPY FATHERS DAY"!!!!

Class of 69 USMC 1st Marine Air Div......."The Gunney" E-7

Last edited:

nanZor

I think if you want one of those badly enough from a brick-n-mortar, get it now sale or not.

You'll be supporting your local community, which includes the first-responders you may be monitoring! It's how I justified my non-sale purchase.

bwhite

Premium Subscriber
Hertz, Not sure how purchasing a scanner that isn't on sale "supports your first responders".
That said, I am a first responder and because of a recent partial reband of our system I can't hear anything but the simulcasted dispatch radio traffic making it more interesting than I like at times as things are happening on the response talkgroups that I'm not aware of. I surely wouldn't be opposed to a policy of showing credeitials allows for recent sale pricing. I'm not going to pay significantly more for a 996 that was $50 cheaper last week and may be again soon.

KC0CSE

Hertz, Not sure how purchasing a scanner that isn't on sale "supports your first responders".
That said, I am a first responder and because of a recent partial reband of our system I can't hear anything but the simulcasted dispatch radio traffic making it more interesting than I like at times as things are happening on the response talkgroups that I'm not aware of. I surely wouldn't be opposed to a policy of showing credeitials allows for recent sale pricing. I'm not going to pay significantly more for a 996 that was $50 cheaper last week and may be again soon.

LIScanner101

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Wow, some of the economic "logic" used by some here has me scratching my head...

But I agree - yet ANOTHER bonehead RS move.

LIScanner101

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Wow Radio Shack did you drop the ball on Fathers Day!!!!...no sale.....you missed out......someone did not have the light on... $469 is not a sale!! and please take your PRO 106 AND PRO 197 off your page....if you don't have it ....don't post it like you do....ok I feel better now that I got that off my chest...And by the way "HAPPY FATHERS DAY"!!!!

Class of 69 USMC 1st Marine Air Div......."The Gunney" E-7

Finally a SMART consumer :D

HAPPY FATHER'S DAY!!!

KC0CSE

it seems to me .....the "Shack" had a sale every Fathers Day....in the day....am I wrong?....I need to get over it.....I need to move on.....I have to get past it.....

Last edited:

sphipps

it seem to me .....the "Shack" had a sale every Fathers Day....in the day....am I wrong?....I need to get over it.....I need to move on.....I have to get past it.....

Get hold of yourself KC0CSE or we're going to have to commit you to Shawnee Mission Level 6.

Since you're in KC... you should know what that means :)

Seriously... I'd never pay Radio Shack $469 for a new PRO-106. That's just ridiculous... GRE out of business or not.

Last edited:

KC0CSE

Get hold of yourself KC0CSE or we're going to have to commit you to Shawnee Mission Level 6.

Since you're in KC... you should know what that means :)

Seriously... I'd never pay Radio Shack $469 for a new PRO-106. That's just ridiculous... GRE out of business or not.

ok I know what your talking about.....Im better now...no need to be commited....all though 2 rivers would not be to bad...3 "hots and a cot"

sphipps

ok I know what your talking about.....Im better now...no need to be commited....all though 2 rivers would not be to bad...3 "hots and a cot"

That was our "running" joke when I lived and worked up there when we thought the job was going to put us over the edge.

I dated a girl who tried to commit suicide and ended up on Level 6 for a few weeks. My gawd she was wild...

nanZor

That said, I am a first responder ...

It's just basic economics of keeping local businesses afloat, paying the rental space, taxes, profit, etc staying local. I doubt that even a penny would go directly towards a first-responder's dinner-table, but operating on principle (if you can swing the budget for it of course).

Hearing voices of those typically underfunded and underpaid first-responders putting their life on the line on principle rather than economic sense humanizes the whole thing, and I'd like for them to have a nice place to live too. Certainly buying a single scanner won't make much of a dent - but one can try.

I can see how this whole thing can get out of hand from a non-ending socio-political thread, and store policy issues. I'm just glad to see that both Uniden and Radio Shack have a policy of promoting Radio Reference in their manuals. Maybe we should support them - they support us.

bwhite

Premium Subscriber
I think we see what you are trying to say Hertz. Buy local, keep your neighbors employed. That doesn't really translate to supporting first responders but no biggy.
I think the last number I heard was 69% of U.S.first responders are volunteer so pay doesn't come into it,;getting a break on some of the equipment I/we purchase with personal funds (e.g., scanner) does put a smile on my face. Kinda like the "thank you" that you get maybe once every 10 years.

Status
Not open for further replies.