Any Recommendations For Another RS Scanner?

Status
Not open for further replies.

2001scoop

Feed Provider
Can anybody tell me any Low Band RadioShack scanners? I am trying to get a RS Scanner to tune to 72.50000 and other low band frequencies that my county uses. The other scanner I have is a RadioShack PRO-164. Thanks!!

KB1UAM

I don't think any scanners cover the 72 MHz range. I try putting that same frequency in my scanner and says error. That frequency is used by the fire department for its alarm boxes.

GM

Premium Subscriber
Add the Uniden BC250D and BC296D to that list of capable receivers (I know it's not the Radio Shack brand but it works).

gmclam

Premium Subscriber
72MHz reception

Can anybody tell me any Low Band RadioShack scanners? I am trying to get a RS Scanner to tune to 72.50000 and other low band frequencies that my county uses. The other scanner I have is a RadioShack PRO-164. Thanks!!
I do not know of any GRE-made scanners that can tune to this band. The one I have which does is Uniden-made. So if you want a scanner from RS, you'll have to go with Uniden.

longreach

Feed Provider
A pro96 will used in conjunction with win 96 software, tick the box opening up the bands and will work well. Here in NSW Au the police in certain areas and a few other agencies use VHF Mid band (78mhz).
Just another option.
Cheers
Matt

Status
Not open for further replies.