Pro-106 what's next?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ebplayer

Hi all. I live in the east SF bay area and now just about all the public safety is on the EBRCS so my Pro-92 and other old scanners can't handle it. I would like to purchase a Pro-106 but Radio Shack doesn't appear to sell them anymore? Why? Does that mean a new model is due soon? I did some Google searching but I'm not coming up with anything to indicate that. Why is the 106 not produced anymore?

K6ARL

GRE, the manufacturer of the scanners RadioShack marketed, has been purchased by Whistler (Whistler Group | High Performance Radar Detectors and Electronics) as announced in this thread:

http://forums.radioreference.com/gr...d-have-been-purchased.html?highlight=Whistler

As a result, GRE scanners are not currently being manufactured, the PRO-106 and -197 included. As far as I am aware, there is no word yet on an expected date for Whistler production to begin, although we can hope for some products to appear in early 2014.

ScannerMaster (Scanner Master - Police Scanners by Uniden Bearcat, AOR and Radio Shack.) appears to have a few -106's and -107's in stock, usually they are out of stock.

That being said, RadioShack tends to sell exorbitantly-priced scanners, often $20 over other vendors, ScannerMaster included.

Hope that helps.

--Karl

dshafer1

Premium Subscriber
Hi all. I live in the east SF bay area and now just about all the public safety is on the EBRCS so my Pro-92 and other old scanners can't handle it. I would like to purchase a Pro-106 but Radio Shack doesn't appear to sell them anymore? Why? Does that mean a new model is due soon? I did some Google searching but I'm not coming up with anything to indicate that. Why is the 106 not produced anymore?
The Pro-106 was made by GRE and they have been out of business for over a year now. For the EBRCS you can use either the Uniden BCD396XT handheld, or the BCD996XT base/mobile. Both are P25 Phase I capable.

Status
Not open for further replies.