pro-95 ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

scannerface27

I have a pro-95 and have had to send it in before for help through radio shack. I am having a problem with it picking up any of the Trunked systems in my area. The regular fm frequencies will pick up fine along with the wx channel. Mode is set correctly to mo mode but still nothing,even with squelch low still wont hit. Any suggestions before I send back to radio shack? Last time I sent it in they had to replace some kind of little electrical thing

mikepdx

Has that Motorola system rebanded since
the last time your scanner received the system well?

If it has rebanded, you are out of luck.
The Pro-95 can not be rebanded.
That could be it.

N8IAA

I have a pro-95 and have had to send it in before for help through radio shack. I am having a problem with it picking up any of the Trunked systems in my area. The regular fm frequencies will pick up fine along with the wx channel. Mode is set correctly to mo mode but still nothing,even with squelch low still wont hit. Any suggestions before I send back to radio shack? Last time I sent it in they had to replace some kind of little electrical thing

Your county system has rebanded. The Pro-95 will not receive the frequencies in your area, especially the Apple Valley towers. This could be why you won't get your local stuff.
I'm sure someone from CA will chime in and let you know what you can hear beside the conventional frequencies.
HTH,
Larry

scannerface27

Pro-95

Thank you for your input and your attempt to help,

My friend Ernie has the same model and he hears everything thing that is transmitted, he listened to it last night and his works fine.

There hasn't been any re-banding, the reason I say that is because my pro-92, receives radio traffic with no problems.

I think there is something else that is causing my scanner to not receive the control channels still open or any other suggestions.

KevinC

Big Dog...celebrating 10 years of abuse!
Super Moderator
Do you have it setup as a "Splinter" system?

KevinC

Super Moderator
Your county system has rebanded. The Pro-95 will not receive the frequencies in your area, especially the Apple Valley towers. This could be why you won't get your local stuff.
I'm sure someone from CA will chime in and let you know what you can hear beside the conventional frequencies.
HTH,
Larry

Are you positive San Bernardino County has rebanded? It's a "border" system so it has it's own set of rules for rebanding.

N8IAA

Are you positive San Bernardino County has rebanded? It's a "border" system so it has it's own set of rules for rebanding.

If you look at the tower in Apple Valley, the CC's and voice frequencies have the dreaded '0' in the fourth place. His friend may have another tower programmed in. Don't know.
Larry

KevinC

Super Moderator
If you look at the tower in Apple Valley, the CC's and voice frequencies have the dreaded '0' in the fourth place. His friend may have another tower programmed in. Don't know.
Larry

That's because it's a "splinter" or "Border Offset" system. All of it's frequencies between 851-866 have always had the zero in the 4th place.

scannerface27

That's because it's a "splinter" or "Border Offset" system. All of it's frequencies between 851-866 have always had the zero in the 4th place.

Yes kevin this is true I do have it set to splinter also. Last night pulled out the 92 and it worked well. I believe that the 95 has some other issue going on, im going to send it in to rs

KevinC

Super Moderator
Yes kevin this is true I do have it set to splinter also. Last night pulled out the 92 and it worked well. I believe that the 95 has some other issue going on, im going to send it in to rs

Well then, that's one thing that isn't causing your issue. :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.