PRO 106 Bluetooth Issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

jdifabio

Premium Subscriber
Hello All: I am unable to utilize a single wire ear bud or a bluetooth with the PRO 106, both items work fine with PSR 800 and BC125XT. I have 2 PRO 106's and they both display the same problem. Any thought's Thank you in advance. Joe

w2xq

Mentor
Wirelessly posted (Moto Droid Bionic: Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 4.1.2; en-us; DROID BIONIC Build/9.8.2O-72_VZW-22) AppleWebKit/534.30 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/534.30)

Maybe I missed something but where is the Bluetooth capability in the -106?

jdifabio

Premium Subscriber
The TaoTronics bluetooth device works fine with the other scanners, I am wondering what is different about the PRO 106

kf4uuz

I use the TaoTronics bluetooth device on two PRO-106's, as well as two 396XT's.
They work perfectly for me.
I utilize them more on the 106 because there is more room, and I can secure the transmitter to the scanner with a small piece of Velcro.

jdifabio

Premium Subscriber
Kf4uuz, did you purchase a special plug, (mono vs.ster), for the bluetooth device or change a setting within the radio ? I feel this has something to do with my issue because dual bud ear phones work vs. a single ear bud will not. Thanks for your response.

OldDeadOne

Silent Key
Premium Subscriber
How in the world did you get bluetooth to work with a Pro 106? Is there a setting in the scanner for this? This is the first time I've ever heard of something like that...

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
How in the world did you get bluetooth to work with a Pro 106? Is there a setting in the scanner for this? This is the first time I've ever heard of something like that...

Did you read any of the other posts in this thread??

He explained above that he is using a stand-alone Bluetooth device plugged into the PRO106.

gewecke

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned

Purchase almost any bluetooth adapter and you can do it wireless with your 106. This is old news, and many users listen this way. :wink:

n9zas

NWI_Scanner_Guy

SCANNING THE AIRWAVES SINCE 1987
Purchase almost any bluetooth adapter and you can do it wireless with your 106. This is old news, and many users listen this way. :wink:

n9zas

I'm not a bluetooth user, so this is new news to me. After I finish moving, I may have to look in to this. It's a very interesting idea. I like it.

:)

gewecke

Banned
I'm not a bluetooth user, so this is new news to me. After I finish moving, I may have to look in to this. It's a very interesting idea. I like it.

:)

I used to have the thread bookmarked from 2 years ago where someone used a Jabra 210 earpiece which had a small adapter which would plug right into the earphone jack.
This was the first I heard of it also, and since I've done this with GMRS, MURS, ham and a couple different scanners. There are a whole host of bluetooth adapters out on the market now. ;)

K9DAK

Premium Subscriber
The OP might want to try a stereo to mono adapter (mono plug into the 106, stereo jack to plug in the dongle). I have to use that adapter to feed audio into my Dell computer and my harman/kardon A/V receiver or the audio is very weak.

As for cats-pajamas Bluetooth devices, I've had my eye on this one for a while now: SR10

gewecke

Banned
Wirelessly posted (Moto Droid Bionic: Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 4.1.2; en-us; DROID BIONIC Build/9.8.2O-72_VZW-22) AppleWebKit/534.30 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/534.30)

Maybe I missed something but where is the Bluetooth capability in the -106?

There isn't any, but it can be done externally pretty cheaply. ;)

n9zas

gewecke

Banned
The OP might want to try a stereo to mono adapter (mono plug into the 106, stereo jack to plug in the dongle). I have to use that adapter to feed audio into my Dell computer and my harman/kardon A/V receiver or the audio is very weak.

As for cats-pajamas Bluetooth devices, I've had my eye on this one for a while now: SR10

Yep me too.

Here's another option for you,

http://www.stealthwear.com/home.htm

http://www.miccus.com/products/blubridge-mini-jack (this one's a little cheaper)

n9zas

Last edited:

vagrant

ker-muhj-uhn
Premium Subscriber
Thank you for this thread. It reminded me to pick up just such an adapter for use around the house. I found one from Monoprice for $20. No drop out inside the house, but I haven't tried it while outdoors yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.