RS pro 2096 help programming

Status
Not open for further replies.

rollingcoal

Hello everyone, seeking some needed guidance...some time ago someone here helped me with a file for my scanner Pro-106. It is the best scan list ever, exactly, and only what I want scanned. Now I have acquired a pro-2096, with supposedly a radio shack pre programmed list but doesn't work at all. What im trying to do is take my exact list from my 106 and put on the 2096. Now im no pro at the softwares, but I have win96 for the 2096, and for the 106 I have win 500. is there any way to download the files from the 106 and just upload to the 2096, or flip flop files between the 2 programs. each program will do something different when hook up to each other oppositely, either I can upload from one, or down load from another. but I cant do both features on each program to successfully program the 2096. Im not really sure how to convert the talk groups over to reprogram each other. Any advice?

OldDeadOne

Silent Key
Premium Subscriber
If it was me I would get a subscription to radioreference and download what you need from the database location(state) where you are at and upload to your win96 file to the Pro 2096 scanner(this is what I do with my Pro 2096 and I have a Pro 106 with Win 500)....

robbinsj2

There is a WinXX Data Converter which coverts among 92, 93, 95, & 96, but doesn't seem to support 500. Nor would I expect any program to support this because of the vast difference from the 2096's traditional memory management system to the 106's object-oriented memory system -- for it to work well, there would have to be all sort of configurations (from multiple trunked systems per scan list to one per bank and from 20 scan lists to 10 banks, not to mention the simpler filtering of unsupported features like LTR, P25 Auto, alerts, custom delays, etc.).

You may be able to reduce some data entry by copying/ pasting individual channels/ talkgroups or groups thereof from Win500 to Win96, possibly with an Excel-type program between if you need to reorder or reformat the data fields.

Jim

OldDeadOne

Silent Key
Premium Subscriber
Like I said he should just download what he needs from radioreference through Win 96 than going through a lot of hassle.

rollingcoal

so how do I go about getting a membership, and there will be just a file I download and can instantly upload to scanner?

buddrousa

Premium Subscriber
You can always copy and paste with both programs open copy from win500 and paste them in win96 it takes a little of work but I do this all the time. If it is trunking systems import from RR database then move talk groups from win500.

TES

. . . . Now im no pro at the softwares, but I have win96 for the 2096, and for the 106 I have win 500. is there any way to download the files from the 106 and just upload to the 2096 . . .

No

While Win500 will allow you to import .p96 files created by Win96, there is no way to "go the other way", regardless of the software used.

The RR subscription will allow you to utilize the File>Web Import feature of Win 96 to create a .p96 file that you can save or upload to the PRO-2096.

Opening Win500 & Win96 at the same time and experimenting with 'copy & paste' may be helpful.

In the interest of accuracy, contrary to an earlier post in this thread, Win500 is the only software that will import a .p96 file.

fredva

Feed Provider
so how do I go about getting a membership, and there will be just a file I download and can instantly upload to scanner?

On the RadioReference.com page, look to the far right and choose the About menu, then "Our Premium Services". I believe that will allow you to subscribe. Once you subscribe, your software programs will allow you to download from the RR database directly into the software.

Status
Not open for further replies.