Pro 96 no longer receives digital

Status
Not open for further replies.

kb3isq

Premium Subscriber
I have 3 PRO 96 scanners and one just stopped receiving digital, all 3 are cloned alike. Any suggestions?

QDP2012

Only suggestion would be to take a "good" one and re-clone it into the "bad" one, but I'm guessing you've already done that.

kb8rvp

I have seen this before and some have required a trip to the RS repair center and others I was able to reload the DSP firmware and it took care of the issue.

Mike

minasha

Hi,
Exactly what do you mean when you say it doesn't receive digital channels?
Are they just static?, are they not clear?, are they completely blank?
need more info please.

minasha

ok
are you talking about trunked digital channels, conventional or both?
First try to see if you are getting conventional digital channels, find one on your other pro-96 and see
if the bad 96 can receive it or if it scans right by it. Worry about trunked systems later.

kb3isq

Premium Subscriber
I just entered the Virginia STARS system (Digital VHF high - 151-161) and it works fine. I did a complete initialization and the Franklin County, PA UHF Digital system still does not work. I will try an 800 system and see if that works.

bigk_54

Funny this topic is here, I have the exact same problem with one I have on my desk right now! Guy brought it to me because his grand daughter had "messed it up", so I did a complete reset on it, programmed in 3 hours worth of frequencies and it was sitting side by side with my 996T and picking up way more stuff. Soooooooo I call the guy and say hey, good news its done come get it tomorrow! Next day I get up, turn it back on and thought well I'll program in a some of the 2ndary channels because I noticed my 996 used some, all of a sudden it wont pick up digital apco 25 stuff! So once again I reset scanner and program in 2 different towers with 1 channel on each and 2 different 156.ish frequencies. Low and behold I get traffic on the 156. channels and still NOTHING on the digital channels but it does seem to "pause" the name of the town on the screen but there is nothing heard

Edit: If I go in to manual mode and go to that frequency for the digital tower, I hear the transmissions loud and clear just as my 996T does

Ronaldski

MI DB Admin
Database Admin
On 96 2096 if the cc alt for each tower is seperated by an empty frequency ithen input another towers frequencies it will put it into multisite trunking.

bhowett

My pro96 is doing the same thing here in Richmond, VA. Radio Shack told me Uniden is doing a frequency update, because they using the same ones as another brand scanner. no update as of yet.

puzzleriddle

Uniden has nothing to do w ith RS scanner. & what kinda freq update??... Make no sense :) ( this may have been an uniden made radio back 10-15 years ago) but tht's it

bhowett

The PRO 96 / 2096 are both GRE not Uniden

hmmm that what they told me at the store, he said when the update was complete I could just bring it in and they would update my scanner. I will follow up at the store, and let you all know what happens.

Status
Not open for further replies.