Scanner repair shop SHUT'S DOWN, TX

Status
Not open for further replies.

SCPD

QRT
Scanner Repair shop in TX has STOPED repairing scanners in Fort Worth TX as of FEBURARY 2014.
They don't do any type of scanners any more.

SCPD

QRT
Scanner repair shop NY

Being the repair shop in TX is closed, I called this repair shop to see if they are still open to repair Police Scanners & they are. Have a good day !

G&G COMMUNICATIONS
Gerry Oliver - Owner
7825 Black Street Rd., LeRoy, N.Y. 14482
Phone: 585-768-8151

K5MPH

Brownsville Texas,On The Border By The Sea.
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C148 Safari/6533.18.5)

What's the address of this repair shop in fort worth Texas .......

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
Uniden will repair all brands of scanners, including RadioShack models made by GRE. Flat rate of $49.50 + $10 for standard shipping.

KevinC

Big Dog...celebrating 10 years of abuse!
Super Moderator
Uniden will repair all brands of scanners, including RadioShack models made by GRE. Flat rate of $49.50 + $10 for standard shipping.

Interesting, I didn't know that.

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
I discussed this with our repair center manager today to see if we could a) help some folks stuck with broken scanners that we can repair; and b) provide us with some incremental repair business. He said that he would welcome the opportunity. So, this is a very new development.

Obviously, some parts are common and will be no problem to replace, but parts unique to a GRE model (custom LCD, IC, plastics) would not be repairable.

SCPD

QRT
N1BHH : Sir, I asked the lady at the TX repair shop in Fort Worth TX if that included ALL SCANNERS
not just RS & she replied (yes) for ALL scanners. SO make sure you know what your saying be for you say it ( SIR ).

daveyb

UP Man could you or some one please post the address and phone number of the Uniden Repair center I so people can have it to use. I need some repair work done on my Pro-197 scanner.
Thanks in advance.

W8RMH

Feed Provider Since 2012
Uniden America Corp.
C/O Saddle Creek
743 Henrietta Creek Rd., Suite 100
Roanoke, Texas 76262

Your repair status will be available on the website once we’ve received your product and we have processed it into our system. It usually takes about 5-7 business days. You may check status by visiting our web site at www.uniden.com or call our repair department @ 1-800-235-3874

Last edited:

W8RMH

Feed Provider Since 2012

What a great idea. Someone (Upman) should probably post this information in the GRE, Radio Shack, and other scanner brands forums, or maybe in the Community News forum, for this is fantastic news allowing for all scanner owners allowing them to take advantage of a fine repair facility.

ecps92

Thanks Clyde, didn't know either, till the multiple different threads were combined too...

In other words you left out the important information. This is the Radio Shack Repair Depot. Pointing out the obvious to those who wouldn't have a clue about what scanner repair facility you are talking about.

krokus

Premium Subscriber
N1BHH : Sir, I asked the lady at the TX repair shop in Fort Worth TX if that included ALL SCANNERS
not just RS & she replied (yes) for ALL scanners. SO make sure you know what your saying be for you say it ( SIR ).

That is the RadioShack repair center. The center has been scaling back service for quite awhile.

Sent via Tapatalk

puzzleriddle

What a great idea. Someone (Upman) should probably post this information in the GRE, Radio Shack, and other scanner brands forums, or maybe in the Community News forum, for this is fantastic news allowing for all scanner owners allowing them to take advantage of a fine repair facility.

hmm where is uniden getting the parts for the rs/gre scanners I wonder?

pjtnascar

As Upman pointed out, common parts (power jacks, volume knobs, switches, components) could be replaced by Uniden, but if you needed a unique GRE part, you'd be S.O.L.

Skooter92

Premium Subscriber
G&G Communications

Gerry does a fantastic job on all repairs, but he's especially handy for older units. He does have stock on parts that Uniden might not have handy for non-Uniden units as he takes in non-functioning units in trade as salvage. You can always check his website for the current list of scanners he can't repair, and what he's looking for in the way of trade-ins. He's amazingly fair and reasonable, and knows his stuff. Absolutely NOT a knock against Uniden's service, as they have been top-notch when I've utilized them, but Gerry's been very good to the hobby and a real resource.

rtharmon1

Premium Subscriber
I have a Radio Shack PRO-2096 in need of repair. Still scans and receives but the display is just black vertical lines. Does anyone know where I might get it repaired? Contacted G & G Communications but no reply to my messages. Don't know if he is still in business.

Status
Not open for further replies.