Pro-96 Latest Firmware

Status
Not open for further replies.

mjrwingnut

Does anyone know what the latest firmware for the Pro-96 is? I updated it once long ago but I was wondering if it ever go updated since.

Thanks

-HP Garcia

And v1.4 doesn't do jack on my PRO-96 from hell. I still only get a 06% - 09% decode of the 9600 P25 CQPSK Lucas County NW Ohio digital system with a dozen towers. BUT, I do get 89%-99% decode on MARCS 3600 baud system with just 1 tower. Tried 2 different (expensive yagi antennae, and it won't decode the 9600 P25 whatsoever - don't even get the old 'crash and burn' audio anymore). So I guess once MARCS changes and dumps its perfectly good working 3600 digital system, I might as well donate the POS PRO-96 to the Goodwill Store as all you can do with it is monitor EMS on UHF and Skywarn on VHF. Worthless on 9600 P25 here.

time to sell your PRO-96 i sold mine years ago was a very good scanner at that time also the PRO-2096 was a very good car scanner both are gone

JD21960

Premium Subscriber
Yes. 1.4 helped my old Pro96 over the 1.3 to be able to hear StarCom21 systems in IL here but very often the beginning of transmissions does that LOUD Braaaaaaaaaaaaaaatttt noise. It Got very irritating as time went on. It's an older scanner trying to keep up with the Newer systems. It also doesn't get TDMA. This is why I got the Whistler WS1080 to replace it. The same STARCOM21 system is smooth and quiet changing transmissions and talk groups. Pro96 had a good run but it's now 2nd choice in my line-up

Last edited by a moderator:

jaspence

Premium Subscriber
Pro 96

I have extended the usefulness of my Pro 96 with a discriminator tap. A little software and I can monitor what even the best new scanner cannot. A cheap dongle and even more fun from the 96. Anyone that expects a scanner that old to work like the newest model needs to do a reality check. That design is 12 years old and shouldn't be expected to perform like a newer design.

jaspence, what software and hardware dongle are you using with your PRO-96 to prolong its lifespan?

Status
Not open for further replies.