Radoshack pro-163 how to switch from one bank to another

Status
Not open for further replies.

squidboy1951

Premium Subscriber
I am a few days into my first scanner. I have ARC300, 180 day Radio Reference membership and the Radio Shack USB programming cable.

I can use the software and I put several frequencies in Bank 0 which I named Fresno Yosemite, I can monitor the air traffic control frequencies.

I then programmed Bank 1 which I named Cal Fire, I can monitor these frequencies.

My problem is I can not figure out how to change from bank 0 to bank 1 or from bank 1 back to bank 0.

I have spent hours on this, I am very inexperienced and know it is a simple problem for you veteran scanner experts to solve.

I tried a lot of the tips from the other posts and nothing seems to work, I re-programmed bank 0 and put all of my frequencies in it so I could monitor them. Not what I really wanted to do but for now this is the only thing I could do.

My antenna is the radio shack 20-176, small 20" tall unit which seems to work great for my scanner and location. I have it mounted 10 feet above my roof top, and my elevation is at approximately 3000'.
I receive Oakhurst CHP, Madera SO, EMS and Madera Airport. I feel I am very fortunate to hear all of these frequencies so well.

Thanks in advance for any responses to my problem,
squidboy1951

NHdave

Premium Subscriber
You don't switch from one bank to another, you enable or disable them from being scanned.To enable bank 1 press the 1 key while scanning, press again to disable. You can have all of them enabled, or just one, or anything in between.

jaspence

Premium Subscriber
Pro 163

Make sure you are programming all banks at the same time. If you do bank one, and try to add just bank two separately, then you will erase bank 1. Do the banks you want all at one time, saving after each new bank and then send it to the scanner. You can go back and erase a bank or modify later.

squidboy1951

Premium Subscriber
Thanks for the fast replies, It is great having support from members as experienced as you scanning veterans. I will apply what you have suggested and am confident it will solve my problems.

squidboy1951

squidboy1951

Premium Subscriber
Good information from GREAT people

What a nice surprise this morning to have answers to my problem !

I used the advice and am now smiling and enjoying my scanner even more than before.

thanks to all,

squidboy1951

N1BHH

When programming, input all the frequencies and other information into the appropriate locations in the software and enable the banks you want. You can enable and disable banks as it is scanning by simply pressing the number corresponding to the bank. And be sure to save your file before uploading to the radio. The manual is very helpful. It's always a good idea to read it thoroughly many times to make it easier to operate.

Easier to Read Pro-164/163 PSR300/C/400/C Scanner Manual

squidboy1951

Premium Subscriber
N1BHH,

Right you are, the more I learn, the more there is to learn. I Have the original manual and am using it to help myself along. This scanner radio is all new to me, so far it has been challenging and very time consuming. The "Easier to Read Manual" is another tool for me to utilize.

I purchased the scanner to get up to-date information on all of the forest fires that have so-far skirted by our location. I have been able to monitor the Cal Fire crews, air attack planes and helicopters, Sierra National Forest crews and the Madera County Sheriffs Department. I live several miles from the Bass Lake District Ranger office, and their helo pad is across the lake. I can not explain the feeling I got when the DC-10 flew over and dropped fire retardant several miles away, we were on pre-evacution status for that whole day.

Thanks for your help,

squidboy1951

Status
Not open for further replies.