Pro 2034 Picks Up Weather, Nothing Else?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just picked up a used Radio Shack Pro 2034. It powers on, seems to scan but not hearing anything. I tried playing with the squelch and that should be adjusted properly. Picks up weather ok if I press the WX button. Any ideas?

Do I need to set up my own channels or should it scan and pick up on it's own?

Using the set top screw-in antenna it came with.

Thanks in advance.

frazpo

Just picked up a used Radio Shack Pro 2034. It powers on, seems to scan but not hearing anything. I tried playing with the squelch and that should be adjusted properly. Picks up weather ok if I press the WX button. Any ideas?

Do I need to set up my own channels or should it scan and pick up on it's own?

Using the set top screw-in antenna it came with.

Thanks in advance.

You have to program the frequencies you want to hear. Whats your location?

SW Missouri .. Carthage, specifically.. most interested in police, fire, EMT..

Was surprised because all we had to do with my neighbor's scanner was hit scan and it picked up anything it heard. So, the 2034 is different?

R

retiredmich

On all scanners all you have to do is hit WX & you will get Weather. Sound like your scanner was cleared of any frequency's be for you got it. Also FYI , you scanner is not Digital. But If your friends scanner has what you want to hear, copy down what he has programed in his, & program it in yours.

My neighbor's is also analog but we never did have to program anything in.. we just pressed scan and it picked up local analog signals so I just assumed I didn't have to program this one.

I'll check into which freqs I need and program them in. Thanks!

N8IAA

My neighbor's is also analog but we never did have to program anything in.. we just pressed scan and it picked up local analog signals so I just assumed I didn't have to program this one.

I'll check into which freqs I need and program them in. Thanks!

If you go to the RR database, click on Missouri, click on your county and you will find the frequencies you want to monitor.
If you Google Radio Shack Pro-2036, it will give you links as how to program the scanner.
Larry

Thanks.. I forgot to mention I got the manual along with it. I did program in some freqs last nite and though I haven't heard much so far, I have heard a few broadcasts so it does work.. now to find some active freqs. Shame it was an analog and not digital but only paid $5 for it! :)

Thanks again!

N8IAA

Thanks.. I forgot to mention I got the manual along with it. I did program in some freqs last nite and though I haven't heard much so far, I have heard a few broadcasts so it does work.. now to find some active freqs. Shame it was an analog and not digital but only paid $5 for it! :)

Thanks again!

It is an excellent VHF/UHF commercial/military aircraft receiver also. What antenna are you using with it? That might make a difference too.
Larry

N8IAA

It looks like Carthage might have some NXDN frequencies for PD and FD. You may want to ask in the Missouri state forum to find out.
Larry

frazpo

Dave, You have inquired in the past about Jasper County scanner frequencies. Not much left other than A few Jasco fire and Police frequencies. The following have switched to digital that cannot be monitored.

Carthage fire and police
Jasper County Sheriff
Webb City Police

The whole county will be switching to NXDN digital by year end. Which should include Carl Junction and the small town fire and police agencies across the whole county.

Dave, You have inquired in the past about Jasper County scanner frequencies. Not much left other than A few Jasco fire and Police frequencies. The following have switched to digital that cannot be monitored.

Carthage fire and police
Jasper County Sheriff
Webb City Police

The whole county will be switching to NXDN digital by year end. Which should include Carl Junction and the small town fire and police agencies across the whole county.

Yes, I wasn't really needing freqs as I could look them up.. I was more concerned as to whether or not the unit worked. I didn't realize I had to program them in. Actually listening to it now..

Hope to go digital myself at some point in the near future.

N8IAA

Yes, I wasn't really needing freqs as I could look them up.. I was more concerned as to whether or not the unit worked. I didn't realize I had to program them in. Actually listening to it now..

Hope to go digital myself at some point in the near future.

Just remember, no scanner currently being sold will receive NXDN, or Mototrbo. Modifications to a scanner would need to be made.
Larry

Status
Not open for further replies.