Pro-651 firmware/help/fix???????

Status
Not open for further replies.

duckylucky12

Premium Subscriber
SO I REALLY MESSED THIS THING UP WHEN I TRYED TO UPDATE IT. AND I CANT SEEM TO FIGURE OUT HOW TO FIX IT OR EVEN FIND THEstock DSP, FIRMWAre to GET IT PAST THIS SCREEN

uP BootVer:RF1.5
uP App Ver: NONE
CPU SW Upgrade
Wait for PC/IF

does anyone have a link or at least a clue where i should start PLEASE. i havent even got to use it yet its so far a 300 dollar paper weight.

Attachments

• IMAG0037.jpg
    IMAG0037.jpg
    30.3 KB · Views: 1,444

dxradio2003

Firmware issue

Hi,

I've done the same thing on other RS/GRE scanners. I just removed the the batteries, waiting about a minute. Reinsert batteries then follow the exact steps to reinstall/update the firmware.

For me, this fixed the problem.

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
Hi,

I've done the same thing on other RS/GRE scanners. I just removed the the batteries, waiting about a minute. Reinsert batteries then follow the exact steps to reinstall/update the firmware.

For me, this fixed the problem.

That works if you have a firmware file to load into the scanner. The OP's problem is that there is no firmware file available to re-load. It's a newly released scanner with no subsequent firmware releases.

What firmware did you use to update it?
Where did you get it?

I am curious about that as well, considering there are no firmware files available (OEM release or update) for that scanner.

marksmith

The solution above works for GRE/RS radios using iScan or ezscan because you can connect it, tell it to look for updated DSP or firmware, and then regardless of whether it says there is an update or not there is an option to re-download the latest.

The 651 or 652 don't have that option and to my knowledge there is nowhere on line to get the firmware and there are no updates to it. If resetting the radio won't do it you are done. Why were you trying to update it when there are no updates? What were you using as an update?

Mark
WS1095/536/436/996P2/HP1e/HP2e/996XT/325P2/396XT/PRO668/PSR800/PRO652

bears3312

That works if you have a firmware file to load into the scanner. The OP's problem is that there is no firmware file available to re-load. It's a newly released scanner with no subsequent firmware releases.

I am curious about that as well, considering there are no firmware files available (OEM release or update) for that scanner.

WHAT STEPS ?

R

retiredmich

Please Read, this is for Pro 651 ONLY !!!

No firmware updates have been released for the Pro-651. Attempting to update with firmware not explicitly made for the Pro-651 WILL ERASE the current firmware, making the scanner unusable. There is currently no solution available for erased firmware.

Spitfire8520

I might be completely clueless! =)
Does the 106 scanner have the same v-folder like the 651?

V-Scanner has nothing to do with your problem, but the answer to this question is no. The Pro-106 had V-Scanner folders with systems from 2007/2008. The Pro-651 comes with empty V-Scanner folders.

WHAT STEPS ?

There is none.

To answer your original question again, your Pro-651 is bricked/dead/expired/busted/kaput/broken/deceased/gone if you see the above screen. There is nothing that you can do fix it. Asking for a fix over and over again does not change this fact. Either call RadioShack for a fix or keep it as a desk ornament. See the previous answers you have been given: http://forums.radioreference.com/radio-shack-scanners/320803-pro-651-firmware-bricked-scanner.html.

bears3312

great new I just found out my 651 scanner made by whistler with the radio shack name eprom chip needs to reset a radio tech tried work on mine I have send it to whisler
can u guys help witch address do I send to they have two addresses

Last edited:

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
great new I just found out my 651 scanner made by whistler with the radio shack name eprom chip needs to reset a radio tech tried work on mine I have send it to whisler
can u guys help witch address do I send to they have two addresses

It has been posted previously that Whistler will not repair Radio Shack scanners.

R

retiredmich

Call this place & see what can be done for your 651 scanner.

G&G COMMUNICATIONS
Gerry Oliver - Owner
7825 Black Street Rd., LeRoy, N.Y. 14482
Phone: 585-768-8151

mule1075

Feed Provider
Call this place & see what can be done for your 651 scanner.

G&G COMMUNICATIONS
Gerry Oliver - Owner
7825 Black Street Rd., LeRoy, N.Y. 14482
Phone: 585-768-8151
Nothing can be done unless Radio Shack releases the firmware file.Or a firmware update.

Sent from my Z750C using Tapatalk

aprilexe

Premium Subscriber
I've read of people trying to reboot frozen a Pro-651 and using the 0 Clear sequence which also ended with a deleted firmware. I understand there is no upgrade and if I buy a 651 I do not intend to try to update it with Whistler firmware or anything else but am hoping that no accidental key presses will freeze the machine. I assume that if I took a new one out of the box and used the 0 Clear key sequence it would simply reload itself right ? Isn't it is the process of trying to upgrade with a wrong firmware that does the erasing ?

The 651 is on discount this week for 299.99.(also the 668 is 375.00) Both of my Radio Shacks have them in stock.

Given all the trouble I may go through Newegg and buy the WS1040 for 307.00

Nasby

I've read of people trying to reboot frozen a Pro-651 and using the 0 Clear sequence which also ended with a deleted firmware. I understand there is no upgrade and if I buy a 651 I do not intend to try to update it with Whistler firmware or anything else but am hoping that no accidental key presses will freeze the machine. I assume that if I took a new one out of the box and used the 0 Clear key sequence it would simply reload itself right ? Isn't it is the process of trying to upgrade with a wrong firmware that does the erasing ?

The 651 is on discount this week for 299.99.(also the 668 is 375.00) Both of my Radio Shacks have them in stock.

Given all the trouble I may go through Newegg and buy the WS1040 for 307.00

As long as you don't hook it up to a computer, and go onto the Whistler site and then click on a series of icons and tabs (including one related to upgrading the firmware) you have absolutely nothing to worry about.

There's nothing you can do to "brick" the scanner by pressing the keys.

The folks that ended up wrecking their scanners actually had to work at it.

Status
Not open for further replies.