PRO 97 Broken wire

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tokyoblue

Hello all,
I found my problem with my scanner not picking up freqs.I opened her up and found the wire that runs from
the BNC connector inside the scanner has broken off from the board.My questions is, where exactly
does this puppy get reattached on the board? Cant really see where it gets soldered on at.Anyone have
any info on maybe a schematic or a previous exp with this?

brcoz

Premium Subscriber
I had to fix mine years ago, by adding a solid copper wire. On my scanner the hard wire broke at where it connected on the board. If I remember it was near the edge of the board. I hope this helps. If no one else can help I can take mine apart and try to take a photo for you.

Bruce

DickH

I had to fix mine years ago, by adding a solid copper wire. On my scanner the hard wire broke at where it connected on the board. If I remember it was near the edge of the board. I hope this helps. If no one else can help I can take mine apart and try to take a photo for you.

Bruce

I would not use solid wire. Stranded wire will absorb any flexing that caused the original solid wire to break.

brcoz

Premium Subscriber
I attached photos of how I fixed my 97. Look at the black wire from the bottom of the BNC connector in photo 2 and to the board in photo 1. I hope this helps.

Attachments

• Pro97.jpg
    Pro97.jpg
    83 KB · Views: 191
  • Pro97b.jpg
    Pro97b.jpg
    69.5 KB · Views: 213
Last edited:

brcoz

Premium Subscriber
Here is a better photo of the black wire to the board from the BNC.

Attachments

• P1010148(1).jpg
    P1010148(1).jpg
    57.3 KB · Views: 140
Status
Not open for further replies.