RadioShack Pro 668 $179.99

Status
Not open for further replies.

scosgt

Me too. Already shipped (at least, there is a tracking number and a package that has departed the Post Office).

NYG

Me too. Already shipped (at least, there is a tracking number and a package that has departed the Post Office).

Mine too. Should be here Monday. Hopefully it's not a box with a rock or something.

retropcdos

Premium Subscriber
That what I am wondering, if it a rock in a box, don't see anyone else getting them that cheap. The store around here was on last phase of clearance and was selling them for $150, but you have to pay tax. So don't see how he making any money especially with eBay/PayPal fees and shipping cost. Unless he bought them cheaper somehow, but then we would see more sellers selling them that low, or close. Worst case if it is a rock in a box deal, you guys can open a PayPal claim.

pro106import

Premium Subscriber
Milford, Ct. perched high above Long Island Sound
Much cheaper then the $200 I paid just a week ago. Wonder what that seller paid for them?

Especially considering he has to pay 10% to Ebay and 3% to paypal. That's over $20 off the top plus 6 bucks at least to ship it. So he is only getting a little over $150 from the sale. He must have gotten them REAL cheap if he was selling them for $159.
Bob

Edit... retropcdos- you beat me to it!

scosgt

May have gotten an employee discount.
No matter, there is Ebay and PayPal protection, and there is more than one of us right here. So the money is not at risk.

NYG

That what I am wondering, if it a rock in a box, don't see anyone else getting them that cheap. The store around here was on last phase of clearance and was selling them for $150, but you have to pay tax. So don't see how he making any money especially with eBay/PayPal fees and shipping cost. Unless he bought them cheaper somehow, but then we would see more sellers selling them that low, or close. Worst case if it is a rock in a box deal, you guys can open a PayPal claim.

If it's a rock I'm going to glue an antenna and knobs on it.

that seller's entire store is made up of radio shack items. He either works for them and grabbed a ton of items, or has ties to someone inside. At least that's my thoughts on him.

pro106import

Premium Subscriber
Milford, Ct. perched high above Long Island Sound
Judging by his feedback, and all the other items he has for sale, I would say he is definitely legit and no worries.
If I didn't already buy one a couple of weeks ago for $299 from Radio Shack.com, I would definitely jump on it. He has BCD396XT's and Pro-106 Equiv. radios cheap too. Lets see, I have 1- Pro-106, 2- BCD396's, 1- Pro-668.... should I get some more...lol

scosgt

If he has a resale certificate he does not have to pay tax. If he bought 12 of them, maybe he made a deal for $135 or something.

retropcdos

Premium Subscriber
Tempted, but last thing I need is more scanners and have a few pro 668's. A couple going to a friend for a trade deal for a new BCD396xt and the other for a reel to reel deck.

NYG

He ended the listing after selling two. I suspect he's upping the price, or he's low on rocks.

retropcdos

Premium Subscriber
He may need to find more rocks as he realized he ran out. Could be testing the market and increasing the price.

NYG

Maybe they screwed up and were reselling what was already sold. That operation looks like it must involve more than one person since the items in the store are in at least two separate locations.

Status
Not open for further replies.