Radio Shack PRO-668 - $99.00!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ScannerFreaque

LiScanner101 Duplicate Account
Banned
Hello All,

First time posting here. My wife was kind enough to stop at a Long Island NY Radio Shack for me to pick up a PRO-668. She called the night before and they told her it was $150 + tax. Well, today, they marked them down to ONLY $99.00 :D :D !!! She only picked up one, but I believe this store has about 16-7 left. What a deal!!!

ScannerFreaque

Banned
I hooked-up my brand new PRO-668 to my PC today and smoothly set up the programming software in my computer. I then programmed-in some Nassau and Suffolk stuff in my scanner and saved the files to my computer. Well, it works great! Reception is excellent and the radio looks nice overall. Not bad for a hundred bucks.

ScannerFreaque

Banned
For some reason my previous posts didn't show up, the store is at 103 Fulton Ave in Hempstead.

Nasby

I wonder how so many 668's ended up on Long Island of all places???

NYG

I wonder how so many 668's ended up on Long Island of all places???

It would've been a hell of a lot nicer if they distributed them to closing stores BEFORE most had already closed shop. Why wait until the last week or so and then dump what looks like boxes of them at a few remaining, soon to close stores.

NYG

No. I called when the location was posted.

I guess you need to be in the right place at the right time to get them for $99. It would certainly make it easier if the stores selling them weren't so scattered and far away from me :mad:

In any event I ended up working out a deal with a friend so I now have 3 PRO-668 scanners, which is one more than I originally intended to get.

ScannerFreaque

Banned
I will say that I first downloaded a copy of all the closing RS stores, put it in a spreadsheet and stripped out anything that wasn't on Long Island (the list was pretty big). I then spent the better part of a morning calling each and every store. When all was said and done, it was either Mattituck with 1 or 2 scanners or the Hempstead store that had about 18. The latter store is a lot closer to me than the one out east, plus I'd rather waste a shorter trip than a long one (with my luck I would have trekked all the way out to Mattituck and both scanners would have been sold 3 minutes before I walked in the store).

retropcdos

Premium Subscriber
What kills me is New York area Radio Shack's waited till last minute to drop price on them. They were asking full retail just not to long ago and then drop the price to $99 all the sudden. I actually had to sent a friend one due to he couldn't find them at the time in New York area for clearance price, as they were asking full MSRP that why they had over 20 in stock and now all the sudden they drop the price to $99 dollars. Very stupid move. In Chicago they shipped them to clearance stores and move them in phases and little by little drop the price. So they when for more and not to one person but spread out. So a few people receive the deal, instead of just a reseller.

What these sad part is it when to the one person that brag about taking them all earlier. I see that post has been deleted, took the 12 left of the at $99 bucks, instead of going in hands of people who would enjoy them and RadioShack would have receive more money. Piss poor management and reason RadioShack when under in the first place.

Last edited:

beastieboy101

Anyone looking for the Pro-668 in the DC area is in luck.

After missing the last of the 668's at the Connecticut Avenue store in NW DC this AM; I found several Pro-668's for sale at The Centre at Forestville Mall store.

Address is 3349 Donnell Drive Forestville, MD 20747-3208. (301) 735-8222.

They will be gone QUICK!!!! Got mine for $106.00 with tax. Looks like they had 7 or 8 of them this afternoon.

Circa

Anyone able to get a picture of the sale tag or anything that has the dates that the prices are active?

Sent from my Android using Tapatalk.

NYG

Anyone able to get a picture of the sale tag or anything that has the dates that the prices are active?

If you're asking about the $99 or $150 prices it's not really a sale. Stores closing are having prices slashed to rid themselves of inventory. Whatever they ring up as is what you get and once they're sold that's it. A store remaining open will not honor a price found at a closing store.

Circa

I must have missed that it was part of their store closing sale. :(

The only closing RS near me closed in like 7 days of the announcement and they had all their worthwhile stock transfered before the mark downs. :(

You guys got my hopes up, haha.
Thank you for clearing that up.

Status
Not open for further replies.