Pro 2096 P25 question

Status
Not open for further replies.

RLNOLT

Premium Subscriber
I have a Pro 2096 and got Lancaster County's new P25 programmed in a bank. Problem is it shows the bank name and not the talk group name when it receives communications. I used software from scanner master to program it. I know that there is some problems with the system yet. Any advice? Thanks in advance

GeneseeCoMI

I have a Pro 2096 and got Lancaster County's new P25 programmed in a bank. Problem is it shows the bank name and not the talk group name when it receives communications. I used software from scanner master to program it. I know that there is some problems with the system yet. Any advice? Thanks in advance

Which Lancaster County? There's four of them in the US.

For P25 on the Pro 2096 make sure to set the bank AND the control channels to MO. There's no need to enter the voice channels.

RLNOLT

Premium Subscriber
It is in Pa. They have some garbled sounds some times. I have the voice frequencies set to FM mode and bank and control on MO

GeneseeCoMI

It is in Pa. They have some garbled sounds some times. I have the voice frequencies set to FM mode and bank and control on MO

Delete the voice frequencies. All the scanner needs to know is the control channels and it automatically does the rest.

I noticed there's a lot of encrypted talkgroups on that system (the ones with an E in the mode column in our database page) so maybe that's the garbled sounds you're hearing. Put in just the ones with D instead.

Last edited:

RLNOLT

Premium Subscriber
Ok I put a control channel in North empty bank on MOT. I get talk group ID'S that come up and the frequency changes but no audio. I don't know what I am doing wrong.

talkpair

In that case, it appears your custom table is incorrect.

Check the other thread for the table I posted there. The original poster of that thread never followed up with results, so I don't know if he fixed it or gave up.

RLNOLT

Premium Subscriber
I followed the directions in the other post. Changed the offset and skip to 0 and 12.5 and entered 476.xx.as base for the site. Still bring up 406.xxx frequencies. Shows MOT 3004 ID and others.

Status
Not open for further replies.