Pro-668: LOCKING ? can it be?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MONITORING247

i have a pro 668 i keep it in a Motorola portable leather case iv had for years thing is when i put on the flap it hits the buttons and changes the scan to play "is there a way to lock it so it can scan and if the buttons are hit by accident it will have no effect on it.? thanks 247

shadcall

On the Pro 106 you hit Function + key/light to lock the keypad. Check your manual the keys you need to hit should be in there. In the Pro 106 manual it is right at the beginning in the "understanding your scanner" section which explains what each key does.

RDGDigital

I don't believe the PRO-668 has a way to lock the keys. I don't have PRO-668, but I've never found a way to lock the keys on my PSR-800 or WS1080.

I have a similar problem when I'm carrying the scanner I'll inadvertently press the power button and turn it on/off without meaning to. It can be annoying.

Last edited:

marksmith

Just looked over the user guide and don't see a keyboard lockout method. I also run into this issue on the 668 and 800. I guess they figure without a "keyboard" you don't need to lock anything out.

In reality there are only a few buttons you need to lockout and those seem to be the ones I always bump when putting it in my coat pocket, etc.

Mark
536HP/HP1e/HP2e/996P2/996XT
996T/396XT(2)/PSR800/PRO668

ratboy

Premium Subscriber
The way to prevent most of these problems is to set the 668 to "Ignore first keypress" so nothing happens but the display light comes on for however long it's set to, and after 5 secs or so, ignores another first keypress.

W8WCA

The way to prevent most of these problems is to set the 668 to "Ignore first keypress" so nothing happens but the display light comes on for however long it's set to, and after 5 secs or so, ignores another first keypress.

I just tried this and it 'mostly' works

It will ignore all buttons EXCEPT the power button.

It the Power Button is pressed and held (for say 2 seconds) it will still turn off.
If it is just tapped it will do nothing

Ed6698

On the Main Menu, scroll down to Settings, then right click or hit select, then scroll down to LModeBAT, right click and choose Ignore First Key Press. Can also be done on LModeEXT. Can also be done in software on PC under Backlight Settings. This is how it is done on the WS1080, I would think it is the same on the 688.

ratboy

Premium Subscriber
That sounds right. It's the first thing I changed on my 668 when I got it. The next was the backlight timeout to 10 seconds.

Status
Not open for further replies.