RadioReference on Facebook   RadioReference on Twitter   RadioReference Blog

Go Back   The RadioReference.com Forums > Scanners, Receivers and Related Equipment Forums > Radio Shack Scanners

Radio Shack Scanners - A forum for the discussion of all Radio Shack scanning radios and receivers.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 04-10-2015, 3:01 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Question clone from 197?

Got my answer, thanks to TAbirdman.......no more needed...thanks guys!!!

I have 3 pro 197s which work fine and 2 106s which will cross-clone with the 197s. I have a chance to pick up a new 652 at a great price...I wonder if it will accept the info from my 197. They LOOK the same from pictures I've seen....

Sorry if this has been answered, I looked through about 10 pages in the forum & didn't see it.
Thanks

Last edited by krs; 04-10-2015 at 3:52 PM..
Sponsored links
Old 04-10-2015, 3:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by krs View Post
I have 3 pro 197s which work fine and 2 106s which will cross-clone with the 197s. I have a chance to pick up a new 652 at a great price...I wonder if it will accept the info from my 197. They LOOK the same from pictures I've seen....

Sorry if this has been answered, I looked through about 10 pages in the forum & didn't see it.
Thanks
Yes they will clone but you might have to adjust the S meter values on the Pro-652 afterwards.
Old 04-10-2015, 3:51 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Talking thanks!

I never look at the s meter anyway.

thanks again
Old 04-10-2015, 4:41 PM
MI DB Admin
  RadioReference Database Admininstrator
Database Admin

Only need to adjust s meter values if the 652 is firmware 2.8. If its 2.6 its the same values.
Old 04-21-2015, 7:57 PM

I have a Pro-652 with firmware 2.8 that I cloned from a Pro-197. It worked and I did have to adjust the S-meter settings. All seemed fine but when running the two radios side by side, across the room or with different antennas, I started to notice that the Pro-652 wasn't picking up as much traffic as the Pro-197 know matter what I did. I played around with the expert settings but didn't notice any improvement. The Pro-652 was skipping comms and or cutting them off early now and then. Finally I reset the Pro-652's global settings back to factory defaults by turning off the scanner, then on and (0, 2, enter), both radios coping the same now!!!! Just wanted to mention it if anyone else has seen this, I may have missed a setting somewhere but the reset worked perfect.
Sponsored links

Tags
197, 652, clone