Pro-106: Do I have to install all of the updates?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kgm4714

Hi. Got warned by this site recently that my scanner firmware may need to be upgraded due to rebanding of the feeds I monitor. Made sense since my Pro-197 fell silent a week or two ago. Well: I checked the current versions in my box and came up with these:

µP App Ver 1.7
DSP App Ver 1.3
DSP Voc Ver 1.0

I found a DSP ver 1.4; but I see that there are versions of the CPU out to 2.1. Can I just install 2.1, or do I have to install 1.8 through 2.0 first? Obviously, not something I've done on this unit before; and four times the upgrades suggests four times the possibility of bricking the unit, although a lot of users have reported almost to no trouble at all with this upgrade. Thanks, folks.

kgm4714

I should add that if I have to install v1.8 first, I'm not having any luck finding it. All the links I've found so far go to the RS home page; and they're all dead links. In fact, support doesn't even show on the RS web site map. So if someone out there has it, and if I need to install it before I can install anything else, would someone be kind enough either to link me to it or otherwise make it available? Thanks again.

baayers

To the best of my memory you do not have to install the older updates before going to 2.1.

You should also download and install DSP version 1.4 since you only have 1.3 installed.

kgm4714

Thank you. I had picked up on DSP 1.4; I have an installer for that on my computer (same page as I found the CPU installers). Downloaded it as a safety, as I suspected that if I were behind on the CPU firmware, I was probably behind on the DSP. Checking the actual values on the box confirmed that. Now I just need to make some time to roll the dice.

Status
Not open for further replies.