Pro-652: IMPRESSED!

Status
Not open for further replies.

icfishin

Radio Shack Pro 652

Well, where do I start?
HELP!!!!!!
First, I just bought the Pro 652 Scanner and on one hand I'm excited about getting it since I just ordered it yesterday but nervous about getting it programmed.
After reading a bunch of stuff online on the subject makes it very intimidating.
I'm not sure what I need and what I don't need in programming this, other than listening to law enforcement, etc that's all I plan to do.
Any assistance that can be provided would be greatly appreciated.

N2SCV

Premium Subscriber
Well, where do I start?
HELP!!!!!!
First, I just bought the Pro 652 Scanner and on one hand I'm excited about getting it since I just ordered it yesterday but nervous about getting it programmed.
After reading a bunch of stuff online on the subject makes it very intimidating.
I'm not sure what I need and what I don't need in programming this, other than listening to law enforcement, etc that's all I plan to do.
Any assistance that can be provided would be greatly appreciated.

I use ARC-500, 30 day free trial Downloads

icfishin

Thanks for your reply N2SCV !!
I saw those applications and was also curious about preference? What separates them from the others like Win500, etc?
I haven't bought any of this yet but wanted to get lots of feedback and opinions before I pull the trigger.

AtlasFBG2

You will need a programming cable if you want to use software like arc500 or win500. I have tried both programs and they both are good just a little different user interface.
You can also manual program if you want. Its not hard just time consuming if you have a lot of channels you want to listen to.
A good instruction on manual programming is Digital Scanner Programming - QRA Computer Services Blog

ffbob561

Premium Subscriber
Arc-500

I also use ARC - 500, purchased the full versions and am quite happy with it. I also have an RR premium membership, which helps a lot with the programming.

sambo300

Premium Subscriber
Sorry if I'm hijacking the thread here.....but I have a dilemma that relates to the 652. It's recently purchased and I thought that I had it programmed but after much examination....I'm not sure I succeeded. I used the ARC 500 and the correct RS cable and did the RR import through my account. The uploading to the scanner went well but when I try to listen to trunked and or digital systems....no legible audio. Just digital "control channel" type noises....and when I was programming the scanner....the boxes were checked concerning primary data,control channel and trunking information. Tried tackling the manual way of programming....but wow what a hassle.And the analog channels did program fine. Any thoughts? And what's the best "sure-fire" way to get this thing programmed for "maximum user enjoyment"? Thank you in advance.

Redneck0410

Sorry if I'm hijacking the thread here.....but I have a dilemma that relates to the 652. It's recently purchased and I thought that I had it programmed but after much examination....I'm not sure I succeeded. I used the ARC 500 and the correct RS cable and did the RR import through my account. The uploading to the scanner went well but when I try to listen to trunked and or digital systems....no legible audio. Just digital "control channel" type noises....and when I was programming the scanner....the boxes were checked concerning primary data,control channel and trunking information. Tried tackling the manual way of programming....but wow what a hassle.And the analog channels did program fine. Any thoughts? And what's the best "sure-fire" way to get this thing programmed for "maximum user enjoyment"? Thank you in advance.

What system are you trying to import?

sambo300

Premium Subscriber
It's actually only getting the conventional analog stuff. Tried Project 25 phase I and Motorola type II smartzone. Just not picking them up. Pretty sure the scanner has those capabilities? Have also tried Project 25 phase II....but almost certain it won't do that.

marksmith

For this radio I recommend programming it manually, at least until you learn some things about the radio and how it's programmed. You will learn by doing it manually. After that if you want to go to software that's fine. Doing it manually will take more time, but are you really in a hurry here? Once you have programmed the radio manually, any software you get will make a lot of sense from the start. Otherwise the software will be just as confusing as the radio if you are trying to learn both at the same time.

Mark
536/996P2/HP1e/HP2e/996XT/
396XT/PSR800/PRO668/PRO652

Redneck0410

It's actually only getting the conventional analog stuff. Tried Project 25 phase I and Motorola type II smartzone. Just not picking them up. Pretty sure the scanner has those capabilities? Have also tried Project 25 phase II....but almost certain it won't do that.

Correct, it will do Motorola smartzone and P25 Phase I, but it will not do Phase II.

icfishin

I just want to send a note of "Thanks" to all that gave responded to my request for assistance in learning how to program my Pro652.
There is no doubt that we have some first rate posters here that don't mind sharing their knowledge and offering assistance.
I don't know how many times you all have given a 'Pat On The Back'
But please accept one from me.
I've only been a member here for less than 72 hours and I can honestly say that I am impressed ( I'm not easily impressed either).
Thank you all!

TxScanner

Premium Subscriber
Glad you got it going, enjoy

Sent from my Galaxy S5 via Tapatalk

mikewazowski

Forums Manager/Global DB Admin
Staff member
Forums Manager
Threads merged. Please don't create multiple threads on the same topic.

Just post a reply to your old thread so people can follow the whole story.

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.