Radio shack pro-651 & pro-652 $199.99!

Status
Not open for further replies.

iMONITOR

Silent Key
Premium Subscriber
Radio Shack has their PRO-651 & PRO-652 digital scanners on sale for $199.99 (In-Store Only, On-Line Out of Stock).

These have some of the best P25 Simulcast decodes I've heard in any scanner. It does away with the multi-path "Donald Duck" voices.

Spitfire8520

I might be completely clueless! =)
These have some of the best P25 Simulcast decodes I've heard in any scanner. It does away with the multi-path "Donald Duck" voices.

I would append a results may vary note, as I would with any of the scanners on a market. Performance for a simulcast site is hardly consistent in its own coverage area, let alone take into account the many different systems across the country. I've seen/heard it go both ways with these line of scanners.

iMONITOR

Silent Key
Premium Subscriber
I would append a results may vary note, as I would with any of the scanners on a market. Performance for a simulcast site is hardly consistent in its own coverage area, let alone take into account the many different systems across the country. I've seen/heard it go both ways with these line of scanners.

I'm going my my personal experience in Macomb County, Michigan, where it's been known to be one of the worst simulcast problems ever. We have nine towers in close proximity, and no other Uniden, or GRE scanner, has been able to over come it. A few of my buddies within the County have also experienced 100% satisfaction with the PRO-651 & PRO-652 scanners.

Besides, there's no risk. Unlike other scanner stores, Radio Shack has a generous return/refund policy, if you don't like it.

R

retiredmich

I am surprised that there is still any RS stores left.

AtlasFBG2

Where did you find the information that the sale price is valid in store??

My local store has a pro-651 for $399 I have tried to buy it before and they said we do not price match the web site prices.

KevinC

Big Dog...celebrating 10 years of abuse!
Super Moderator

Benzman66

Besides, there's no risk. Unlike other scanner stores, Radio Shack has a generous return/refund policy, if you don't like it.

When you purchase in store, I believe all sales are final. No more warranties or returns.

Only online purchases have a warranty and their info states; http://www.radioshack.com/30-day-money-back-guarantee/30-day-money-back-guarantee.html

"Our 30-day return applies to all products purchased from RadioShack.com. Please note that RadioShack.com cannot take back returns of products purchased from RadioShack stores, and the RadioShack stores cannot take back returns of products purchased from RadioShack.com."

It appears that they are making their online store a separate entity.

Last edited:

AtlasFBG2

Try this...

Scanners, Patrol Scanners & Handheld Scanners | RadioShack

It says nothing about web only.

Maybe your store is an affiliate store?

When the store manager looked it up he pointed out the banner at the top of web page that says exclusive web deals. If you click the banner the scanners and other sale items are listed under that.

The store has a couple antennas i would like to get if the sale prices are valid in store as imonitor posted.

rwier

Radio Shack has their PRO-651 & PRO-652 digital scanners on sale for $199.99 (In-Store Only, On-Line Out of Stock).

Man, I have the 500 and 600 cousins lined up here for testing and program updating, so I really don't need one of those. But anyone one out there that needs a digital trunker, those are very reasonably priced. In fact, the 652 at $199 might be as much bang-for-the-buck as is legally available, lol.

marksmith

Got one in a 50% off in-store store closing sale in January. Very impressed with digital decode in particular.

Mark
536/996P2/HP1e/HP2e/996XT/
396XT/PSR800/PRO668/PRO652

Nasby

I wonder if RS is wanting to unload their remaining scanner inventory and at the same time make some quick cash?

Ronaldski

MI DB Admin
Database Admin
When the store manager looked it up he pointed out the banner at the top of web page that says exclusive web deals. If you click the banner the scanners and other sale items are listed under that..

In the recent past I was told by my local store, it matches radioshack.com prices, although that word 'exclusive' its worth a try hehe..

The 651 is listed in that group..
communication deals

The 652 is listed here http://www.radioshack.com/radioshac...652.html#start=2169&cgid=Shop+All+Deals&sz=60

If you set the list at the webdeals for 60 listings per page, its page 37.

Last edited:

FallenAnjel

I just looked at RS.com and saw it was 199. Glad I didn't get it for 221 last week! I'd have been quite upset! (and looking for $21 back!). I did't buy it because the store wouldn't honor the sale price, so I emailed them and they said the same thing. So I bought it on Ebay for $180.

?"""""""IJKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKUhbnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn

(thank you Kitty for adding your two cents! :lol::lol: )

Status
Not open for further replies.