My $3.00 Bargain

Status
Not open for further replies.

garys

Premium Subscriber
Perusing the local yard sales today I found a Pro 2018 for $3.00. Amazingly, it worked fine when I plugged it in and dialed in a couple of frequencies. My plan is to use it to listen to the local PD and FD dispatch channels. Beats tying up a more expensive scanner.

garys

Premium Subscriber
I thought so too. I will confess that I wandered around looking at the other stuff while I thought it over. Then I realized that I wouldn't ever see a bargain like that and gave the guy the money.

It's perfect for what I want. I don't need PL, Alpha Tags, or even computer programming. I might put another dozen or so area frequencies in, but that's about it.

Nice find, well worth $3 !

marcotor

I ♥ÆS Ø
Feed Provider
I got RIPPED OFF! The Pro-2018 I found was five dollars ;)

Forgot how simple it used to be, and this little scanner has been a blast to set up. And it scans well.

garys

Premium Subscriber
Apparently, there is, or was, a software loader program available for the scanner. Unfortunately, I can't get it to download and install from the RS site.

If I could get it for free and the cable I have left over from my Pro 197 was compatible, I'd take a whack at it. If I spend more money, my bargain stops being a bargain.

NHamCounty

I will give you $10.00, you can more than triple your money. Nice find...I have a whole collection of yard sale scanners.

garys

Premium Subscriber
Most of what I see at yard sales is really ancient by scanner standards. Something this "modern" at that price was a real find. It's perfect for what I plan to do with it.

I will give you $10.00, you can more than triple your money. Nice find...I have a whole collection of yard sale scanners.

Nice find. I spend $3.00 and I come home with a PRO-3 Monitor. NOAA weather and the Railroad sound great! Now I just need to find some Motorola style antennas to replace the coat hanger in there now!
176c6ea35563271a465cdd8655e94afe.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

garysauctions

Premium Subscriber
Nice find. I spend $3.00 and I come home with a PRO-3 Monitor. NOAA weather and the Railroad sound great! Now I just need to find some Motorola style antennas to replace the coat hanger in there now!
176c6ea35563271a465cdd8655e94afe.jpg

I like your find much better! ;)

I love vintage receiving and/or transmitting gear.

pro92b

Mutated Member
Premium Subscriber
Apparently, there is, or was, a software loader program available for the scanner. Unfortunately, I can't get it to download and install from the RS site.

If I could get it for free and the cable I have left over from my Pro 197 was compatible, I'd take a whack at it. If I spend more money, my bargain stops being a bargain.

The Radio Shack program was called Scanner Loader and it does not work on Windows versions newer than XP from what I have read. Try ProLink at glyff.net - ProLink and configure the program for a PRO-2017.

$5.00 bargain at Saint Vincent De Paul Thrift Store...10 channel Regency Touch k100 Scanner with original owner's manual. All switches, lights functional.
b3b89c8c5c7458fbbfa92a271e6302ba.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.