Importing data from another Pro-668 into mine

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cognomen

A buddy has spent a lot of time setting up his Pro-668 for the local fire depts, complete with the LED lights displaying different colors and patterns depending on what talkgroup is being used.

I want to place this data into my Pro-668.

I have my first 4 playlists already set up with my own LEA stuff, which I don't want to lose.

I want to place his approx 10 playlists (from 0 and up) into my playlists (from 10 and up).

I tried copying his CDAT folder into my CDAT_VS.001 folder, but then my scanner has his scanner settings which I don't want.

I am sure there's some relatively easy method to do this, but I haven't figured it out.

In fact, I'd even like to be able to have all of my stuff separate from all of his stuff. ie. if I just want to listen to fire, I can just enable his stuff with a button, and not have to enable 10 playlists.

Does anyone know how to do this?

Still very new to all of this!

JD21960

Premium Subscriber
Importing data-Pro-668 into mine

YOU should be able to save "his" CDAT folder to your PC. Create a new V-scanner form In
I-Scan and restore from archive *his CDAT into your new form, then on to the scanner. Review how to create and upload a V-scanner folder in the manual and that way you'll have a completely different form to upload to your scanner from your data you want to save... SAVE YOUR I-Scan form DATA to achieve on your PC of course so you have a copy before doing anything. You'll be able to switch from V-scanner 001 to 002 using the scanner's menu back and forth. What you want to do is all done on the I-Scan software

Cognomen

Thanks Johnny, will try that. I read the "easier" manual but am not really clear on how the V-scanner folders work. I tried making a new V-scanner folder via i-Scan but still got his scanner settings (title screen etc). I'll keep at it.

JD21960

Premium Subscriber
Importing data from another pro-668 into mine

Yes. you can even open a "new configuration" blank I-scan page and "open from archive" his CDAT folder* into that form. Rename it CDAT vs 002 *like my example photo* and upload it all to the scanner. The scanner gives you a pop-up summary showing all things to be loaded and you just press "copy folders" ...it uploads to the scanner which must be OFF when uploading hooked up to the USB cable. When you turn the scanner on, you should be able to toggle between 001 and 002 V-scanners in the Menu/V-scanner setting. That way you'll have separate set-ups to use which is what you want.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.