Pro-668 defective?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeputySchrute

I just got a pro-668 from Amazon. It says it's used but looks to be in perfect condition and came with the original box and all accessories included. The only thing is, the up and down directional arrows and the select button aren't working. Has anyone ever had this problem? I'm assuming it's just broken and am returning it ASAP but I just wanted to make sure I wasn't just dumb and doing something wrong. I can't select or navigate the menu up and down at all using the buttons, only left to right, the power button, and menu seem to work.

vagrant

ker-muhj-uhn
Premium Subscriber
There is a setting to ignore the first key press, but based on your note that radio should be sent back or exchanged.

bharvey2

I don't have my PRO-668 in front of me but isn't there a keypad lock button? Perhaps that is causing your problem. Hopefully its just a "duh" moment and you won't have to send back a defective scanner. I have those more that I care to admit. Wait, no I don't!

bharvey2

Well, it seems as I had "duh" moment. What I thought was a keypad lock button was the weather button key.

scosgt

If someone removed the front and did not plug it back in properly, that would happen. It is easy to take apart and check the plugs, or just send it back.

Status
Not open for further replies.