Pro-668 carrying case

Status
Not open for further replies.

trp2525

What are people with this radio doing for a protective/carry case? Buy one for the PSR-800?

Scanner Master offers two carrying case options for the PRO-668/PRO-18/Whistler WS1080/GRE PSR-800 scanners:

A nylon case with a cut out back (product code 01-581686) for $12.95 (plus shipping) and currently in stock: PSR800/PRO18/WS1080 - GRE Nylon Case/Cut Out Back

A soft leather case with cut out back (product code 01-581687) for $19.95 (plus shipping) but currently out-of-stock: PSR800/PRO18/WS1080 - GRE Soft Leather Case

Unfortunately Whistler and Radio Shack do not currently market any carrying cases for their handheld scanners and these are the only two options I could find. I purchased the nylon case for my PRO-668 and am very satisfied with it. Spending $12.95 to help protect a $500 (full retail) radio is a wise investment IMHO.

Universal Radio also offers the same two cases for the same prices (see "Options" at the bottom of the link page): Whistler WS1080 Scanner Radio

Last edited:

trp2525

FYI it looks like the nylon case is the only option available at this time from Scanner Master as the soft leather case has been out-of-stock for at least the last few months.

vagrant

ker-muhj-uhn
Premium Subscriber
A sales person at Universal called it the ScannerMaster case. I had the leather on order for over a month from Universal and changed it to the nylon. It fits. It works. I like it.

JD21960

Premium Subscriber
I have the same one in the picture up there from Universal Radio Whistler WS1080 Scanner Radio ...the Leather version for my WS1080. Fits great. And no, the button metal on the inside of the case facing the speaker grill hasn't scratched it. It's a stiff leather and the bottom portion actually tilts away from the scanner a bit. Had it since Sep 2014 and no issues.

shadcall

I found a camera case at a thrift store. My Pro 106 fits perfectly as the case was for older cameras that you used a film cartridge in and not the digital cameras used today. It even has room for extra batteries and it is very well padded and has a belt loop on it as well as a strap you can carry it with.

Status
Not open for further replies.