Pro-668: PRO 688 schematic

Status
Not open for further replies.

dcr_inc

Feed Provider *York Pa.*
Premium Subscriber
Anyone know of a PRO688 schematic on the web anywhere?

garysauctions

Premium Subscriber
I've scanned through it and it is all about making scanners so that they cannot be readily modified to enter the cellular frequencies.

Where in there does it say providing service manuals are prohibited?

It does deal with when printed materials pertaining to a request for certification will be made available for inspection by the public.

garysauctions

Premium Subscriber
From a quick read of a few old threads including some emails from manufacturers it would seem this so called " ban " on Service Manuals is voluntary by manufacturers and resellers.

Not saying the manuals do not exist, because they do and are available to certain people! ;)

Now I am off to find one of those certain peoples! ;) :) :)

Ed6698

I've scanned through it and it is all about making scanners so that they cannot be readily modified to enter the cellular frequencies.

Where in there does it say providing service manuals are prohibited?

It does deal with when printed materials pertaining to a request for certification will be made available for inspection by the public.

I am not looking for specifics on this, been discussed in the forums before, schematics are not available to the public.

garysauctions

Premium Subscriber
I am not looking for specifics on this, been discussed in the forums before, schematics are not available to the public.

No need to .... I figured it out and am working one getting what I need.

Thanks

Yes they are,RS sells CDRoms with Schematics ,Parts lists and adjustment info..

If they are not how did a whole bunch of us get them from the mfr's?

Is the 668 is similar to the Pro106/PSR500?

If yes than shoot me a PM with your EMAIL...

garysauctions

Premium Subscriber
Yes they are,RS sells CDRoms with Schematics ,Parts lists and adjustment info..

If they are not how did a whole bunch of us get them from the mfr's?

Is the 668 is similar to the Pro106/PSR500?

If yes than shoot me a PM with your EMAIL...

He is right and he is wrong.

Some manuals were available but Radio Shack shut down access to others.

However they did not pull manuals already in the supply chain from the chain.

They let existing stock get sold off.

dcr_inc

Feed Provider *York Pa.*
Premium Subscriber
The 500 is not anything like the 668, 800, or 1080.. But thanks anyway..

FCC does not regulate manuals..

If you find it Gary, let me know..

Ed6698

The FCC may not regulate the schematics directly. I bet though since the manufacturers voluntarily did, the FCC has made sure they follow that, or they would be making the manufacturers do it. So it basically boils down the FCC kind of indirectly regulates the schematics.

garysauctions

Premium Subscriber
All the FCC cares about is that the scanners cannot be readily modified to receive the Cellular Bands.

If the FCC wanted to regulate the availability of schematics for receivers capable of receiving the cellular bands they have failed.

jbix1958

Premium Subscriber
In a nutshell...

The FCC basically stated that they will protect information submitted by manufacturers that prove their radios cannot be modified for cellular reception. Such technical information, if disclosed to the public as part of the FCC filings, could expose proprietary information - something the manufacturers are trying to avoid. The FCC further stated that they fully expect the manufacturers to treat the information the same way....secret.

So, the FCC did not "ban" service manuals or schematics. They just want the manufacturers not to voluntarily publish information that would allow consumers to modify their scanner to receive cellular reception. The FCC further stated that if the manufacturers do in fact release this info, the FCC would no longer protect the info that was submitted in the manufacturers FCC filings.

Status
Not open for further replies.