Pro-668: Hidden Stuff

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ghstwolf62

Premium Subscriber
I don't know if anyone has post this before or knows about it but I found something interesting the other day.

I had set an alert on my 668 for a particular talk group and the alert was driving me nuts.

I was out mobile and not at my computer and so went into the menu on the radio itself to change the alert sounds and found that there are a bunch of alerts there which are not in the software.

You can't set them in the software at all.

But you can in the radio menu. These include MODAT and the tone out for Eng 51 from Emergency amongst others.

Wonder why its not available in the software for the radio?

Found that interesting and had never read of any such thing here up to now.

Just FYI

Last edited:

JD21960

Premium Subscriber
Pro-688 Hidden alerts?

If the I-SCAN software is like the EZScan it's located above each conventional and trunked talkgroup on those tabs. Some things on EZScan can't be seen until you enable "advanced" settings in the menu above. Maybe it's up there? I quit using my favorite
*Engine 51 in favor of the much shorter bleeps and MODAT sounds as the automated FIRE dispatch here comes on and the longer "alerts" cut out parts of the beginning of the dispatch. Bleep, bloop...do-DOOT are good enough for me so I can hear all of the dispatch.

Last edited by a moderator:

AtlasFBG2

The iscan software only gives you 7 alert choices. On the scanner it gives you 15 choices the same as the ezscan software does. Weird that RS would cripple the software but not the scanner too.

Ghstwolf62

Premium Subscriber
Atlas is correct. The additional options are not there in the 668 software but are there in the radio menu itself.

Like the Modat myself. Agree Atlas that its weird not to be in the software. Kind of a pain to do it manually.

Status
Not open for further replies.