PRO-668 Trunked System Subtype (iScan)

Status
Not open for further replies.

InlandAZ

Does anyone know why importing a Trunked System using the "Preferred/Standard" method versus "By City" the Trunked System "Subtype" would be different?

For example, if I import the Arizona RWC using the "Preferred/Standard" method the subtype is set to "auto", using "By City" its set to "P25 700". Does it make a difference? Can it be changed in the program interface?

This little radio is a stinker, but it sure works well when it works.

marksmith

I don't. Does it make a difference in the way the scanner deals with that system? Never noticed this.

Mark
WS1095/536/436/996P2/HP1e/HP2e/996XT/325P2/396XT/PRO668/PSR800/PRO652

rwier

Hello InlandAZ,

I have been trying to respond to your PM. My messages are vaporizing. I am preparing a step-by-step list of instructions for your entertainment. I will post it here, unless I get word from you that you did receive my responses. I may be done by midnight.
Cheers!

rwier

Why not post it here?

Thank you!

It is attached as a zipped Word "type" document. If you are unable to open it successfully, I will redo it as a "regular" post. It is very long and detailed, and will probably attract some scorn, lol.

Attachments

• RWC Chandler.zip
    28.2 KB · Views: 113

rwier

I successfully open the attachment. However, I was taken aback, as the Document Software shows the pages as two columns, side by side. Should anyone else see that format, the correct order (of the unnumbered pages) would be: Upper left>move right>move down/left>move right>move down/left>move right, etc., etc.

InlandAZ

Thank you!

It is attached as a zipped Word "type" document. If you are unable to open it successfully, I will redo it as a "regular" post. It is very long and detailed, and will probably attract some scorn, lol.

You da man rwier :) I've got the doc saved off for future reference. I did manage to successfully create a configuration last night, and the scanner is working perfectly. I'd tried this method several times without success, and I'm not exactly sure what the issue was. What I did differently this time was, I uninstalled the software (using REVO Uninstaller) and reinstalled it in Administrator mode... and now it no longer hangs the PC, and the nasty memory leak is gone. I can't say that's why the scanner wouldn't run on my previous configurations, but all appears to be well today.

Thanks again guy !

Status
Not open for further replies.