Pro-668: Discriminator

Status
Not open for further replies.

waterrat

Premium Subscriber
I have been trying to play with the disc output from my scanner and having some problems. The system I am trying to monitor is labeled with an "S", meaning the system is not supported, therefore it wont let me load from the library. How do I get around this? Any pointers would be appreciated.

marksmith

Enter it manually using the data.
Not sure what you will get if it is not supported.

Mark
WS1095/536/436/996P2/HP1e/HP2e/996XT/325P2/396XT/PRO668/PSR800/PRO652

waterrat

Premium Subscriber
I live in a small town and it just goes back and forth between 2 frequencies, just wanted to hear how well my dsd+ would work with a tap over the sdr I run now. Thanks for the info, I haven't ever entered data, just downloaded. Going to check it out.

DJ11DLN

I live in a small town and it just goes back and forth between 2 frequencies, just wanted to hear how well my dsd+ would work with a tap over the sdr I run now. Thanks for the info, I haven't ever entered data, just downloaded. Going to check it out.

There's an option in iScan, can't remember at the moment where it is & no time until later or maybe tomorrow to go look, to "load encrypted and unsupported objects." That should do it.

InlandAZ

Edit to the above - I do recall doing this at one point, wasn't the option somewhere in the Import options (After you've selected the Site and TGID's)? For me it didn't do much good, the encrypted talk groups for the systems I monitor were "always" encrypted.

DJ11DLN

Edit to the above - I do recall doing this at one point, wasn't the option somewhere in the Import options (After you've selected the Site and TGID's)? For me it didn't do much good, the encrypted talk groups for the systems I monitor were "always" encrypted.

Apologies to the thread, my bad...I spent 3 hours this morning trying to find this iScan option and could not. Evidently I'm getting iScan and Win500 confused again, as the latter does have this ability. I plead senility.:(

Swipesy

DJ11D:N are you referring to -

1. Library Import
2. Import Type Preferred
3. Select State
4. Select County
5. Select System
6. Select Sites and Talkgroups
7. Import Selected Channels
8. Select Import Options
9. Check Import Encrypted and Unsupported Objects

waterrat

Premium Subscriber
I think this is turning out to be not worth the hassle. Every time I think I have it, something doesn't work. Just going to stick with my sdr and dsd+ and keep using my 668 for every thing else. Thanks for the help though.

DJ11DLN

DJ11D:N are you referring to -

1. Library Import
2. Import Type Preferred
3. Select State
4. Select County
5. Select System
6. Select Sites and Talkgroups
7. Import Selected Channels
8. Select Import Options
9. Check Import Encrypted and Unsupported Objects

That's it! Thank you, that's now in a .txt file in my "scanner tricks" folder. I'd sworn that I had found that, and even used it to load some DMR I had found earlier this summer, except that my creaking computer isn't fast enough to decode it reliably. I did wonder about my mental health for a bit when I couldn't reproduce that one. "They say the memory is the second thing to go...I can't remember what the first is!":D:D:D

Swipesy

That's it! Thank you, that's now in a .txt file in my "scanner tricks" folder. I'd sworn that I had found that, and even used it to load some DMR I had found earlier this summer, except that my creaking computer isn't fast enough to decode it reliably. I did wonder about my mental health for a bit when I couldn't reproduce that one. "They say the memory is the second thing to go...I can't remember what the first is!":D:D:D

Glad I was able to assure you your sanity is good, lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.