Pro-106: Saving to V folder

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

retiredmich

Not sure how this works , I have 5 scan lists programed in my pro106. My question is this, if I was to save my 5 scan list to a V folder will "ALL 5 LIST" be saved in 1 folder? or will they be in separate folders being I have 5 lists programed? Thanks in advanced

R

retiredmich

OK ! , so I saved all my listings to V folder. Being there are multi States listed with Kansas & I used the "over ride" to clear out what was in that folder, does that mean that all the info in the other States were wiped out also ?

gmclam

Premium Subscriber
...I have 5 scan lists programed in my pro106. My question is this, if I was to save my 5 scan list to a V folder will "ALL 5 LIST" be saved in 1 folder? or will they be in separate folders being I have 5 lists programed?
I hate the term "Folders". You can save 21 "profiles" in the V-scanner portion of GRE/Whistler radios. Each profile contains all the objects/lists you programmed in that instance.

OK ! , so I saved all my listings to V folder. Being there are multi States listed with Kansas & I used the "over ride" to clear out what was in that folder, does that mean that all the info in the other States were wiped out also ?
The scanners come with V folders already programmed. To put your profile in, you'll need to overwrite one of the provided profiles, which is what you did. The other 20 should not be affected.

R

retiredmich

I 'm not talking about the other 20 folders just the one's that are with Kansas in # 8 folder, if I over ride what's in that folder #8 will the rest of the States that are with Kansas get cleared out also ?

mainetrunk

I bet it would. So, if you wanna hold onto that info--load it.
Be sure you have what you want there--and in it's place..
Now, just start programming by hand--ad on to the current scanlist..
then save it...
You CAN restore everything to default...
I have 8 hand programmed v-scanner folder's myself.
1 minute-scan the pd-fd,
and a quick load, and i am scanning ALL trunked systems in my area. ( non DMR )
So--I'd edit the crap out of it,
make--perfect..

R

retiredmich

I'm not concerned about the other States, I was more or less curious about that part, But thanks for the info.

Redneck0410

I 'm not talking about the other 20 folders just the one's that are with Kansas in # 8 folder, if I over ride what's in that folder #8 will the rest of the States that are with Kansas get cleared out also ?

If it gets loaded into the #8 folder it will overwrite what is currently there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.