Pro-668: Digital Mulit site Trunking Woes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jomama

Hello all of you 668 Owners, Really seeking answers here Is anyone having any success monitoring the Fort Worth Reg Radio system in Tarrant county Texas if So please tell me How ur 668 is set up for It ?? It is a 10 site system and sometimes mine wants to grab the closest site to me but very rarely it is all current on Firm & DB. But sitting side by side with my 436HP the Uniden is steady traffic from several of the sites not just the closest ones while the 668 just sits there Quitely and they both have same antenna, Have tried setting up single site per playlist per Mark scanners but that didn't seem any better,, and weirdly my playlist kept dissappering Very Odd Any help from anybody Would be Greatly Appreciated Thanks Joe

IAmSixNine

Feed Provider
Since PD is encrypted i set mine up with out PD.
I set mine up with layer 2 / site 2 control channels only for FTW fire in one scan list.
I set up Irving with the Irving simulcast site channels and irving PD/FD in a scan list.
I set up GP with the GP site 7 channels and have their couple of fire channels in a scan list.
I dont have any of the other sites or cities set up as i live in Dallas but still wanted FTW set up.
When i am on the west side of Dallas i can pick up GP, Irving and FTW just fine.
It took me a little while to figure out how to set them up like that but id recommend spending the time and cleaning it up as it makes scanning that system a whole lot better.

Jomama

Yes I have tried that Not much better and weirdly the playlists kept disappearing Does anyone know about setting the site threshold levels ca it be done in radio or only in the software Thanks

arthurh9000

encryption

At one point i was listening to fort worth encrypted digital voice comunications,but it was by accident,cant figure how i done it,With digital formats such as P25, MOTOTRBO and NXDN becoming more and more popular on conventional frequencies, it's helpful to be able to search the RR database for frequencies that have a particular P25 Network Access Code (NAC), MOTOTRBO Color Code (CC) or NXDN Radio Access Number (RAN),""""""""""""multi-system adaptive digital trunking scanners with Motorola P25 Phase I, X2-TDMA, Phase II and DMR making them capable of monitoring the following unencrypted channels/systems.""""""
 Conventional DMR (Entered as a DMR trunked system)
 Hytera XPT
 MotoTRBO™ Capacity Plus
 MotoTRBO™ Connect Plus
 MotoTRBO™ Linked Cap Plus systems

arthurh9000

Encrypted communication is generally only heard by listeners with an encryption key. Others might hear silence or garbled talk, depending on the receiver's technology.
Still, full encryption is cumbersome, difficult to manage and relatively rare, especially among big-city police departments who'd naturally have a harder time keeping track of who has access to the encryption key.
Software is available.

skinnyb82

Encrypted communication is generally only heard by listeners with an encryption key. Others might hear silence or garbled talk, depending on the receiver's technology.
Still, full encryption is cumbersome, difficult to manage and relatively rare, especially among big-city police departments who'd naturally have a harder time keeping track of who has access to the encryption key.
Software is available.
Every time I "analyze" something like this (encryption viability, implementation of...any statute, whatever) I must examine it through the lens of a grossly incompetent government employee. If the government CAN screw it up, odds are it WILL screw it up. Take....any federal or state program, for example. Case in point, Illinois can't even issue FOID cards within the 30-day statutory time frame proscribed by the FOID Card Act of 1968 (yes, they've had 48 years to figure it out and still haven't). Even worse for FCCL (carry permit) applicants, backlog of over one year for those who have appealed a denial (statute states...max 90 days, IIRC as it's been a while since I've poured over the minutia contained in the Firearm Concealed Carry Act). Backlog in excess of the statutory 90-day period ("no later than...the Department shall issue...." so apparently they don't know what "shall" means) for those whose applications haven't been objected to by any law enforcement agency.

They spend 99% of their time sitting around, concocting ideas on what should be done (we all know what happens when a bureaucrat over-thinks something) and the remaining 1% of the time is spend on implementation of the policy. End result, it's haphazardly implemented and must be "cleaned up." I can definitely see some LEAs who don't have sharp radio techs screwing up encryption by distributing the incorrect key (or none at all) and locking out some officers from being able to hear or transmit. Could be a catastrophic screw up if they start switching keys in the middle of a shift, something which I could see some local law enforcement doing around here (the SO, specifically). Probably why Illinois State Police has reserved ENC for its investigators. Fewer amount of radios to deal with, the less of a chance of them screwing the pooch.

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.