Pro-652: PRO-652 Shuts off when I start My Truck

Status
Not open for further replies.

bill645

Hi,
When I start my struck, my pro652 says low voltage on the screen, if the radio has been on before starting. Not every time, but usually after it is sitting for a while. Newer battery in truck, just cleaned battery terminals,

Is there a setting that I can change so that it does not do this?

buddrousa

Premium Subscriber
The only thing you can do is get a 12 volt line conditioner that will keep the voltage up when you start the truck. These can be bought in different current models 1 amp 2 amp ect.

n0nhp

The microprocessor resets when the voltage drops, it is probably a 5 volt processor and uses a regulator that requires at least 7 volts. Starting a vehicle especially if the "top" has been used off of the battery will often drop the battery below that threshold.
The 12V line conditioner will keep that from dropping however it will also run your battery into the ground if it is accidentally left on. Use it with care. The other option might be to put a small SLA battery near the scanner and use a relay to charge the battery only when the engine is running if you use the scanner with the engine off.

Bruce

ab5r

A great deal would depend on where or how you have the supply voltage to you receiver. Cigar Plug is not good, if that is the case.

bill645

I have it tied into the fuse block under the dash. Right next to the scanner is my dual bander that is wired directly to the battery. Maybe i should put a terminal strip in a small junction box, and be able to tie them both to the battery.
It's more of an annoyance than anything else, especially when I drive for a half hour and realize that the scanner is not on.

FKimble

Run a 10 or 12 guage wire from the battery to rear of radios and split to both radios. Depending on the voltage the scanner needs to stay alive, it may take care of your problem. Will definitely provide more capacity to the scanner.

Status
Not open for further replies.