PRO 668 and Status Bits

Status
Not open for further replies.

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
I'm having trouble picking up my local PD (Wake Co trunked system -Raleigh PD). They use status bits and the PRO 668 won't pick up the talk groups. I've turned status bits on and off in the settings but it didn't make a difference either way. I tried programing in status bit talk group but it reverts back to actual TG id when put in the programming software.

Anyone have any idea how I can pick up these status bit TGs.

Thanks

troymail

Silent Key
I'm having trouble picking up my local PD (Wake Co trunked system -Raleigh PD). They use status bits and the PRO 668 won't pick up the talk groups. I've turned status bits on and off in the settings but it didn't make a difference either way. I tried programing in status bit talk group but it reverts back to actual TG id when put in the programming software.

Anyone have any idea how I can pick up these status bit TGs.

Thanks

I know nothing of the system but started looking at the RRDB information and see a few really strange things - but we'll come back to that.

My local Motorola system also sometimes (never full time) uses status bits. Mostly, they are used when a patch across multiple talkgroups is temporarily needed, for encryption, etc. There's a well defined table that explains how status bits are used. I don't recall ever seeing talkgroups listed that used other than the base talkgroup IDs but that doesn't mean it doesn't happen - just means I've never seen it.

With status bits off, the radio should ignore the use of status bits and the base talkgroup will be heard regardless of which status bits are set (exception: encryption). This is the default.

As far as the other odd things - there appears to be at least one talkgroup (35680) that is listed 5 different times under different towns but the software is only going to load any given talkgroup once. There is one talkgroup that listed on the RRDB (34206) that appears to be other than the normal multiple of 16. I'm guessing this is just a typo. The most odd thing I see is the overwhelming number of system/site frequencies for the two "sites" coupled with some of the same frequencies appearing in both sites. I think there is a limit of something like 28 frequencies for a given SmartZone site and I think that the -668 software only accepts up to 32 frequencies per site.

Oddities (from my perspective) aside, I'm still trying to understand what you feel you need to do with status bits. As I said, to my knowledge, leaving status bits disabled, you should hear everything anyway with the exception of encryption.

Definitely got my interest up.... but I'm always open to learning new things!

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
Thanks for the reply, I tried status bits off and on and just can not pick up RPD . I get other wake agencies fine, but can not hear RPD at all. Oh well my other scanners work fine for them.

Status
Not open for further replies.