Pro-106: Not picking up anything

Status
Not open for further replies.

mweimer516

Premium Subscriber
Hi - I have a Radio Shack Pro-106. The scanner scans incessantly. It does not pick up anything. One day it worked, next day it didn't. I am hoping that you say "Press this button." Otherwise, I'm screwed. I have no clue how to operate this other than turning it on and off. I am in Harford County, Maryland.
Thanks!! :)

ecps92

check your Antenna
IS the Connection still good? Tight or wobbles ?

Try the Weather Freequencies, see if you hear those

Hi - I have a Radio Shack Pro-106. The scanner scans incessantly. It does not pick up anything. One day it worked, next day it didn't. I am hoping that you say "Press this button." Otherwise, I'm screwed. I have no clue how to operate this other than turning it on and off. I am in Harford County, Maryland.
Thanks!! :)

gewecke

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
Does your bnc antenna connector move at all? If it does, then there's your problem. It should not move. :( 73, n9zas

mweimer516

Premium Subscriber
Does your bnc antenna connector move at all? If it does, then there's your problem. It should not move. :( 73, n9zas

I just purchased a new antenna from scannermaster.com. Thanks for your input. I let you know if it works.

Marie

mweimer516

Premium Subscriber
check your Antenna
IS the Connection still good? Tight or wobbles ?

Try the Weather Freequencies, see if you hear those

Thanks so much. I purchased a new antenna from scanner master.com. I will post if it helped or not.

mweimer516

Premium Subscriber

gewecke

Banned
I just purchased a new antenna from scannermaster.com. Thanks for your input. I let you know if it works.

Marie
Your new antenna, or any antenna is not going to help IF your bnc connector has broken loose inside the radio. Does the connector on top of your radio move?? If it does then it needs to be repaired before you will receive anything. This is a common problem with pro-106/ Gre 500 scanners. 73, n9zas

ecps92

++1 :cool:
Your new antenna, or any antenna is not going to help IF your bnc connector has broken loose inside the radio. Does the connector on top of your radio move?? If it does then it needs to be repaired before you will receive anything. This is a common problem with pro-106/ Gre 500 scanners. 73, n9zas

mweimer516

Premium Subscriber

You're right. New antenna did not help. The bnc connector wobbles a little and only if the antenna is attached.

My husband said he will buy me a new scanner. He said to ask "the guys" on the forum which one is the latest and greatest. He doesn't care about cost. I am in Harford County, Maryland. I don't know anything about scanners other than turning it on and listening. One more thing, HarCo switched to something last year like Phase I and II. When you suggest one, I need one that can receive that new transmission.

Swipesy

You're right. New antenna did not help. The bnc connector wobbles a little and only if the antenna is attached.

My husband said he will buy me a new scanner. He said to ask "the guys" on the forum which one is the latest and greatest. He doesn't care about cost. I am in Harford County, Maryland. I don't know anything about scanners other than turning it on and listening. One more thing, HarCo switched to something last year like Phase I and II. When you suggest one, I need one that can receive that new transmission.

I would highly recommend you ask your question of what scanner to buy on the Maryland Fourm. In today's world of scanning a radio that works well in my location may not work well in your location. By asking on the Maryland forums you will get a better answer of what scanner works well for your area.

gewecke

Banned
Thanks - will do...
I just thought since I had a conversation going on here, I would ask.
What are you planning to do with your Pro-106 ? It can be repaired in about 20 minutes. :). 73, n9zas

Status
Not open for further replies.