Need help pro 668

Status
Not open for further replies.

thunder72

Is there any out there that would be willing to help explain the setting up of this scanner. I tried the easy to read manual. But still confused on the set up. Any help would be appreciated.

wbswetnam

Is there any out there that would be willing to help explain the setting up of this scanner. I tried the easy to read manual. But still confused on the set up. Any help would be appreciated.

It took me a while to figure out this scanner, but once I did I can appreciate its versatility. Really the only way to go is to acquaint yourself with the programming software and set up favorites lists of the agencies and services you wish to follow.

Where are you located?

thunder72

I am in NJ. I saw the videos even with the fav lists and for whatever reason it just does not seem to do what I have programmed it to do. It just gets frustrating. But I will keep tinkering.

whisper16

?

Can you elaborate on what it is not doing that you want it to do?

These scanners can be a bit overwhelming at first but once you get it down it's actually pretty easy.

wbswetnam

I am in NJ. I saw the videos even with the fav lists and for whatever reason it just does not seem to do what I have programmed it to do. It just gets frustrating. But I will keep tinkering.

You need to create favorites lists for the agencies / services you wish to monitor, then make sure to UNSELECT any playlists that you don't want - you may need to scroll all the way down the list to find them. Unselect the unwanted play lists as you go so that finally the only play lists selected are the favorites that you created.

thunder72

I tried to import the NJ Interop and what I wanted to listen to. Made the Fav lists availible and all I keep getting is the NJSP which I did not program into the lists.

whisper16

Did you do your import from the scanner or through the software? I would recommend using the software, and using the preferred method. That way you can narrow down the import to just your county. The NJ interop is a huge system.

Have you spent any time in the NJ state forum?

thunder72

Yes I used the software and added the fav lists. Imported to the scanner and I only used two counties near to start and see if I could figure it out. Just keep getting NJSP all the time..

whisper16

I would go back into the software and double check your trunked system talk group information. If you don't want to hear NJSP make sure you have it locked out, and that what you do want to hear is not locked out. Also double check what the playlist number is, and that you have that playlist turned on.

jvdet

668 doesnt use Fav lists,
play lists - yes
about where are you which counties are you trying to hear
it is really easy once you start adding/ deleting info within the playlist you select
when you down load from RR you get to select where you want it to go then under the MENU button you select which playlists you want to scan or not

thunder72

Thanks everyone for the advice. I am going to tinker with it tonight. Yes I meant the playlists and playsets. I have using the software from radio shack that came with the scanner.

Status
Not open for further replies.