Pro-197 lost sensitivity

Status
Not open for further replies.

fasteddy64

My Pro-197 is acting up. Last week when I powered it on it lit up but showed nothing in the display.
There was audio/white noise that could be controlled by the volume knob but not affected by the squelch.

I left it off a couple days with no power connected then powered it up and it came to life, but the sensitivity is down considerably.

Any idea what to look at??

Ed

N5XTC

Premium Subscriber
do a factory reset on it. just remember, you will lose everything and have to start over. i think its best to do that once in awhile. i bet it fixes it. mine did something similar once.

gewecke

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
My Pro-197 is acting up. Last week when I powered it on it lit up but showed nothing in the display.
There was audio/white noise that could be controlled by the volume knob but not affected by the squelch.

I left it off a couple days with no power connected then powered it up and it came to life, but the sensitivity is down considerably.

Ed
Hopefully you had it plugged into a good surge suppressor? Voltage spikes can cause bad things to happen to sensitive electronics. :( 73, n9zas

gmclam

Premium Subscriber
PRO-197

My Pro-197 is acting up. I left it off a couple days with no power connected then powered it up and it came to life, but the sensitivity is down considerably.

Attenuator or Global Attenuator.

Status
Not open for further replies.