PRO 2055

Status
Not open for further replies.

wilsondw

Premium Subscriber
Where can I find a data cable to connect to a pc for the PRO 2055? Also what software is best for loading this scanner. Wow not sure I can do this manually.
Thanks

SteveC0625

Order of the Golden Dino since 1972
Premium Subscriber
Where can I find a data cable to connect to a pc for the PRO 2055? Also what software is best for loading this scanner. Wow not sure I can do this manually.

Thanks

I use ARC300 from Butel. It works fine for me. It will pull down data from here (RR) to load whatever you want into the scanner.

I've got a PRO-2055 which has performed very well for many years.

gewecke

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
Thanks
. Sure you can! That's what the keypad is for, no software needed. :). 73, n9zas

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
I'm pretty sure that the PRO-2055 can't handle P25.

Correct. That is an analog trunktracker only. Although the county is using P25 phase 1, the STARCOM system is P25 phase 2, so you'll need one of the newer trunktrackers to copy it (if that's where your interest lies). The scanners listed here will copy that mode (note that links are always blue)

APCO Project 25 - The RadioReference Wiki

Mike

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
A caution here - there is no way to upgrade the 396XT to copy the STARCOM P25 Phase 2 system. There are several hardware and firmware fixes that would be required, and the XT model scanners can't incorporate them.

But this radio will copy the Peoria system OK, I'm sure...Mike

N8IAA

Thanks understood 396xt phase 1 only. Thanks

Wilsondw, before you go out and buy a Phase II scanner, the statewide system, even though it says Phase II in the database, is still running Phase I TGID's. Your 396XT will be good for your county system and STARCOMM.
HTH,
Larry

Status
Not open for further replies.