Pro-668: New Scanner Case for PRO-668

Status
Not open for further replies.

trp2525

Whistler has recently made available separately for purchase the rubber case that comes with their new TRX-1 handheld scanner (see attached picture). On their website it lists that it is compatible with their TRX-1, WS1080 and WS1088 which means that it will also fit the PRO-668 (as well as the PRO-18 and GRE PSR-800). It comes with 2 interchangeable colored inserts and the price is $29.99 (plus shipping): https://www.whistlergroup.com/usa/shop-online/scanner-accessories.html?p=1

The only other commercially-available case that I know of that is currently available for the PRO-668 is this nylon case for $12.95 (plus shipping) available from Scanner Master: PSR800/PRO18/WS1080 - GRE Nylon Case/Cut Out Back | Scanner Master (The similar leather case for the PRO-668 that is listed on the Scanner Master website has been out-of-stock for over a year so I assume that it is no longer available.)

Attachments

• trx-1_with_back_1_2.jpg
    trx-1_with_back_1_2.jpg
    23.1 KB · Views: 681

Circa

The Nylon case I got from scannermaster was absolute garbage.
Holes weren't in the right place for squelch and the antenna jack, led port was was off, and on top of that... The plastic screen protector built into the case melted when it came in contact with the screen from a chemical reaction and not temperature.
Sorry, had to rant a bit.

Any idea if the new cases have a screen protector?

Sent using Tapatalk

trp2525

...Any idea if the new cases have a screen protector?

As shown in the picture I posted (above in post #1) the entire front of the scanner, including the screen, is not covered/protected at all. The rubber case encases the scanner on all 4 sides and has 2 interchangeable colored back inserts. It will certainly offer good protection for a drop but offers no protection to the screen itself.

IAmSixNine

Feed Provider
Does it come with its own belt clip?
The pictures above look like sturdier belt clips.. but then again those could be doctored images.

trp2525

The pictures above look like sturdier belt clips.. but then again those could be doctored images.

The Whistler case does not come with a belt clip. You can, however, purchase that swivel belt clip in the picture directly from Whistler for $9.95 (plus shipping): https://www.whistlergroup.com/usa/shop-online/scanner-accessories/standard-belt-clip-ws1080.html

The standard non-swivel belt clip is also available from Whistler for $5.95 (plus shipping): https://www.whistlergroup.com/usa/shop-online/scanner-accessories/standard-belt-clip.html

N8IAA

The scanner comes with a belt clip. Those are the belt clips that come with the scanner. Back in May, those were shown at the Hamvention in OH.
Larry

tmeyer101

Premium Subscriber
Got my new case from Whistler yesterday. Fits PRO-668 like a glove, very nice...

trp2525

Got my new case from Whistler yesterday. Fits PRO-668 like a glove, very nice...

It's nice that we can purchase accessories directly from Whistler for our PRO-668 scanners by purchasing the items marketed for their WS1080 scanner. We all know that Radio Shack no longer sells any parts for their scanners so it's comforting to know that we can at least purchase commonly needed replacement parts (battery cover, USB cable, belt clip, antenna, etc.) from Whistler: https://www.whistlergroup.com/usa/shop-online/scanner-accessories.html?p=1

D

darunimal

Now if we could get them fixed by Whistler too. Until then I'll have to rebadge my Whistler logo to a RadioShack logo.

And my PSR-800 looks great with a GRE logo behind my clear lexan rear cover

Psst: We are NOT allowed to talk about different scanner manufacturers unless we are in their specified Forum

Status
Not open for further replies.