RadioReference on Facebook   RadioReference on Twitter   RadioReference Blog
 

Go Back   The RadioReference.com Forums > Scanners, Receivers and Related Equipment Forums > Radio Shack Scanners


Radio Shack Scanners - A forum for the discussion of all Radio Shack scanning radios and receivers.

Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #421 (permalink)  
Old 01-01-2017, 7:44 AM
T-Santon's Avatar
Member
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Ohio's Snow Belt
Posts: 127
Default

I'm really eager to try this out.

I have a PSR800, as well as a 668... The 668 is just terrible with LSM when compared to my 800. I'm hoping these updates will help close the gap between those two scanners…. Also, finally having a DMR capable scanner would also be a huge plus.

I'm just waiting on someone nice enough to send me the 3.8 firmware. If anyone out there can PM me a link, or email it to tomsanton440 at a place called gmail, it would be greatly appreciated.



Edit: Someone was kind enough to send me the firmware. I did the updates to the 668, and immediately noticed a nice improvement with P25 simulcasting. Now I just need to program some of the DMR stuff in my area, and I'm good to go.

A big thanks to Eric, and everyone else who was involved in making this happen. It was a much needed update.

Last edited by T-Santon; 01-01-2017 at 8:56 AM..
Sponsored links
  #422 (permalink)  
Old 01-01-2017, 12:15 PM
Member
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Kitchener Ontario
Posts: 35
Default 3.8 Bin File

can someone kindly send me the 3.8 bin file.

Thank you in advance.
  #423 (permalink)  
Old 01-01-2017, 3:15 PM
bubbaearle's Avatar
Member
   
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: N.E. Arkansas
Posts: 362
Default

I too am in need of the 3.8 bin file. Any help is appreciated.
__________________
Bubbaearle

Pro 62 / Pro 97 / Pro 2055 / PSR 310 / PSR 500 / BCT 125 / Pro 668 Whistle-Shack / Whistler 1098
  #424 (permalink)  
Old 01-01-2017, 5:46 PM
dkf435's Avatar
Member
  Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Sweet Home/Foster OR
Posts: 652
Default

Need 3.8 bin file also.

Thanks
David
__________________
AR3000,5000,8000,8200,8600,SDU5000,5500,ARD25R1,10 ,20,71,72,75,7000,7100,8500,PC/R100,1000,2500 PSR500,600,800,PRO668,2035,96,106,BC760,796,996T,9 96XT,396T,396XT,HP1,HP2,436HP,536HP,WH-TRX1
  #425 (permalink)  
Old 01-02-2017, 6:31 PM
dkf435's Avatar
Member
  Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Sweet Home/Foster OR
Posts: 652
Default

Got the 3.8 file, be careful one source had malware in it.

David
__________________
AR3000,5000,8000,8200,8600,SDU5000,5500,ARD25R1,10 ,20,71,72,75,7000,7100,8500,PC/R100,1000,2500 PSR500,600,800,PRO668,2035,96,106,BC760,796,996T,9 96XT,396T,396XT,HP1,HP2,436HP,536HP,WH-TRX1
Sponsored links
  #426 (permalink)  
Old 01-02-2017, 7:09 PM
Member
   
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: CALIFORNIA
Posts: 63
Smile pro668

SIR Can you send me a link to the pro668 3.8 scanner firmware please .Eric sent me 3.4 and it works but has some flaws like the search record always stays on.

thank you SIR
  #427 (permalink)  
Old 01-03-2017, 12:10 AM
Member
   
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 9
Default

Anyone willing to share 3.8fw bin file with a very happy PSR800 owner?
  #428 (permalink)  
Old 01-03-2017, 11:09 AM
Tim's Avatar
Tim Tim is offline
Member
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Milwaukee, Wi
Posts: 325
Default

Greetings all..

Thank you to all the extremely helpful people who helped me (Especially big thanks to Eric C for his hard work). I finally figured out how to do this and it appears to be working. Again thank you.


Tim
  #429 (permalink)  
Old 01-03-2017, 11:15 AM
Member
   
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: CALIFORNIA
Posts: 63
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fasteddy2 View Post
SIR Can you send me a link to the pro668 3.8 scanner firmware please .Eric sent me 3.4 and it works but has some flaws like the search record always stays on.

thank you SIR
Thanks to all for sending me the links to the 3.8 firmware yoyou guys are the best..Happy new year to all of you.
  #430 (permalink)  
Old 01-03-2017, 12:20 PM
jdeverett's Avatar
Member
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Venice, FL
Posts: 48
Default

Hi all,

I am not sure of the proper procedure on upgrading my Pro668 to the 3.8 firmware. Obviously I need one of you fine members of the forum to send me a link and the procedures to load. I do not want to just ask and not give something back. So once I understand and get my radio going, I would be more than happy to return the favor or any help I could give as a ham operator and fellow scanner buff.

Many thanks,
Joseph Everett
W2WEG





Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  #431 (permalink)  
Old 01-03-2017, 2:22 PM
Member
   
Join Date: Feb 2016
Posts: 805
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdeverett View Post
Hi all,

I am not sure of the proper procedure on upgrading my Pro668 to the 3.8 firmware. Obviously I need one of you fine members of the forum to send me a link and the procedures to load. I do not want to just ask and not give something back. So once I understand and get my radio going, I would be more than happy to return the favor or any help I could give as a ham operator and fellow scanner buff.

Many thanks,
Joseph Everett
W2WEG





Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Procedures are on page 12 of this thread, the link for the grefwtool is also in this thread many times and someone will have to send you the firmware.
  #432 (permalink)  
Old 01-03-2017, 5:08 PM
jdeverett's Avatar
Member
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Venice, FL
Posts: 48
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wackyracer View Post
Procedures are on page 12 of this thread, the link for the grefwtool is also in this thread many times and someone will have to send you the firmware.


Thank you so much!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  #433 (permalink)  
Old 01-04-2017, 10:58 AM
Sanscanman's Avatar
Member
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Saint Hedwig,TX
Posts: 209
Default

Hello,

Would someone please be so kind as to send me a link to the current valid FW update?

Thank you..
__________________
UNIDEN: BCD396T-BC246T-BC296D-BC250D-BC780XLT
RADIOSHACK: Pro-668 - Pro-18 - Pro-107 - Pro-96 - Pro-2067
GRECOM: PSR-500 PSR-800
M/A COM: LPE 200
  #434 (permalink)  
Old 01-04-2017, 3:14 PM
Member
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: NC
Posts: 37
Default Step by step procedure for 668 upgrade

May have missed it in the thread but is there a step by step procedure to upgrade the 668 to Whistler DMR?
Are there any videos anywhere of the step by step upgrade process?

Thanks
__________________
BCD-396xt
BCD 436hp
  #435 (permalink)  
Old 01-04-2017, 3:17 PM
Member
   
Join Date: Feb 2016
Posts: 805
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTMax View Post
May have missed it in the thread but is there a step by step procedure to upgrade the 668 to Whistler DMR?
Are there any videos anywhere of the step by step upgrade process?

Thanks
Scroll up 3 or 4 post...not sure how you missed or could not find it with the search function?
  #436 (permalink)  
Old 01-04-2017, 3:20 PM
milcom_chaser's Avatar
Member
   
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 725
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTMax View Post
May have missed it in the thread but is there a step by step procedure to upgrade the 668 to Whistler DMR?
Are there any videos anywhere of the step by step upgrade process?

Thanks
The procedure to change firmware....


The following assumes you already have the GREFWTOOL tool with the firmware 3.8 in that folder, and ezscan software ( FREE from whistler) on your computer and you have archived your data.


1) Start the GREFWTOOL tool

2) Take the batteries out of your scanner and unplug it

3) Press and hold the menu button while inserting the usb cable (one end already plugged into the computer) once plugged in, let go of the menu button. WAIT for the beep from your computer. It could take up to 30 seconds.

4) In the grefwtool go to settings and press rescan, the com port should be filled in, Scanner type is the scanner you are connected to, Firmware is what you want the scanner to become WS1080 in most cases unless your restoring..

5) Select connect to scanner icon

6) Select UPDATE firmware in scanner icon, select firmware ws1080e U3.8.bin (DO NOT select the download firmware button! it will give you the latest and it only partially works. It will not provide DMR, DIGITAL or P25 on your scanner as of this writing) Your scanners should now be upgrading the firmware. It will shut down when done.

7) Go into ezscan (NOT iSCAN) do the DSP UPDATE, library updates and/or restore from archive or. transfer database if needed. via the cable or card reader DO NOT ALLOW A FIRMWARE UPDATE UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE AND TESTING SHOWS ANOTHER FIRMWARE WORKS 100%
  #437 (permalink)  
Old 01-04-2017, 4:02 PM
Member
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 60
Default

Also looking for the 3.8 firmware. Thanks in advance!
  #438 (permalink)  
Old 01-04-2017, 4:36 PM
Member
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: NC
Posts: 37
Default procedure to change firmware

Quote:
Originally Posted by milcom_chaser View Post
The procedure to change firmware....


The following assumes you already have the GREFWTOOL tool with the firmware 3.8 in that folder, and ezscan software ( FREE from whistler) on your computer and you have archived your data.


1) Start the GREFWTOOL tool

2) Take the batteries out of your scanner and unplug it

3) Press and hold the menu button while inserting the usb cable (one end already plugged into the computer) once plugged in, let go of the menu button. WAIT for the beep from your computer. It could take up to 30 seconds.

4) In the grefwtool go to settings and press rescan, the com port should be filled in, Scanner type is the scanner you are connected to, Firmware is what you want the scanner to become WS1080 in most cases unless your restoring..

5) Select connect to scanner icon

6) Select UPDATE firmware in scanner icon, select firmware ws1080e U3.8.bin (DO NOT select the download firmware button! it will give you the latest and it only partially works. It will not provide DMR, DIGITAL or P25 on your scanner as of this writing) Your scanners should now be upgrading the firmware. It will shut down when done.

7) Go into ezscan (NOT iSCAN) do the DSP UPDATE, library updates and/or restore from archive or. transfer database if needed. via the cable or card reader DO NOT ALLOW A FIRMWARE UPDATE UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE AND TESTING SHOWS ANOTHER FIRMWARE WORKS 100%
Great. Thanks for the reply and the help
__________________
BCD-396xt
BCD 436hp
  #439 (permalink)  
Old 01-04-2017, 6:07 PM
Member
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 60
Default

Thanks for the firmware, and thanks again to Eric C for this great tool!
  #440 (permalink)  
Old 01-04-2017, 6:28 PM
lzebra's Avatar
Member
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: lzebra@netzero.net
Posts: 1
Default

Hello, First time in forum, would someone please send me a link to 3.8 bin firmware. Thanks. Thank you for the reply. I appreciate your time.

Last edited by lzebra; 01-04-2017 at 6:57 PM.. Reason: received message
Closed Thread

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 3:26 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
All information here is Copyright 2012 by RadioReference.com LLC and Lindsay C. Blanton III.Ad Management by RedTyger
Copyright 2015 by RadioReference.com LLC Privacy Policy  |  Terms and Conditions