Pro_668 update software help needed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scanning_Buff

New to the hobby and I just bought a used 668 and want to update the software. But when I search out what is available, listed by other folks, I find some dead links and nothing for the latest version. I did find one .exe file at RS, a CPU update called Pro-668.exe Is this the most current version? I've downloaded it but will wait for confirmation that it is what I need before using it. Is this the only software I need to download? AND, since my home PC does not have internet, can I update the scanner just by downloading software to a flash drive and then load it to the home PC?

Ghstwolf62

Premium Subscriber
Load the 668 software then go to top of screen and select drop down labeled "Updates" Then select "Check for all updates"
That will get you fixed up on everything from the program to CPU and DSP.

Scanning_Buff

Load the 668 software then go to top of screen and select drop down labeled "Updates" Then select "Check for all updates"
That will get you fixed up on everything from the program to CPU and DSP.

Thanks. I downloaded the file and ran it on my home PC, problem is, it needs to connect to the internet which I do not have on the home PC. I tried running the software on the library's PC and it seemed to work but the PC balked at running the .exe file to actually update.

I kept trying and finally succeeded in creating a folder (Pro668 digital) on my flash drive with the .exe download in it. In this folder I see a file named "PRO668Updater_2.5.0.357.exe" The library PC won't allow that file to run but I'll try running it when I get back home.

Will this be the file that will update my scanner, w/o any further need of the internet?

BTW, once the pro668.exe was run it showed my scanner currently has:

PC application 1.09 bld 305 -----> (which would become) 2.05 bld 357 (after the update)
CPU Firmware 1.0 -----> 2.4
DSP Frimware 1.0 -----> 1.3
Library db 0 -----> 508
Location db 0 -----> 10

Does this sound right? Thanks for your reply and help!

Scanning_Buff

I was able to update the PC application from 1.09 to 2.50 but nothing else as it requires an internet connection (or so it tells me) to update anything else. Am I doing this wrong? Is an internet connection required? Is there a way around this? Anyone?

Wackyracer

Premium Subscriber
I was able to update the PC application from 1.09 to 2.50 but nothing else as it requires an internet connection (or so it tells me) to update anything else. Am I doing this wrong? Is an internet connection required? Is there a way around this? Anyone?
The way around it is go somewhere that has free wifi if you don't have internet.

The data base is important but you could torture yourself and manually input everything for each frequency.

The cpu. dsp firmware, and the ezscan programming software update will require internet access for your computer, then you connect your scanner to your pc, and the ezscan/iscan software will ask if you want to check for updates. If you have installed the unofficial cpu ver 3.8 upgrade then DO NOT allow any software to update that or you will lose DMR and DIgital receive capabilities as of this writing.

Rockey45

Premium Subscriber
whoops! please help

I accidentally deleted the library/database off of my pro688 how do I get it back ! any help is appreciated Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.