Led light- Pro- 197

Status
Not open for further replies.

loneman313

Premium Subscriber
Led light Pro-197

The alert mode has off-both-tone-and light there is no on i tried light and it did not turn the color 0 to on. I had my led lights working about 4 years ago but i can't remember how i got them to work. Thank you for trying to help me out.HELP

trp2525

The alert mode has off-both-tone-and light there is no on i tried light and it did not turn the color 0 to on. I had my led lights working about 4 years ago but i can't remember how i got them to work. Thank you for trying to help me out.HELP

If you have the ARC500 programming software from BuTel you can get to those settings by going to "Global Settings" and then to the "Colors/Display/Sound" tab. If you don't have the ARC500 software from BuTel you can download a trial/demo version for free from their website: Software for Uniden Whistler HOME PATROL HP1 HP-1 PRO-700 BCD436HP BCD536HP Radioshack GRE GRECOM MFJ DSE AOR police scanner software BCD996XT BCD396XT BC346T BCT15X PRO-404 PRO-405 PRO-97 PRO-96 PRO-2096 PRO-106 PRO-197 PRO-164 PRO-160 PRO-162 psr50

If you don't have a scanner programming cable (Radio Shack #20-047, #20-546 or equivalent) you will need one to use with the BuTel programming software. Here's a link to the current/newest #20-546 cable on the Radio Shack website: https://www.radioshack.com/products/radioshack-usb-pc-scanner-programming-cable

loneman313

Premium Subscriber
Led light Pro-197

I have the arc 500 program the color 0 is black and in the sound section the alert mode is both, is that how you set the led alert mode to on in the arc 500 program?

trp2525

I have the arc 500 program the color 0 is black and in the sound section the alert mode is both, is that how you set the led alert mode to on in the arc 500 program?

You should download the Easier to Read Manual for the PRO-197 (Easier to Read Pro-651/652/106/197 - WS1040/1065 - PSR 500/600 Digital Scanner Manual). After you have done that you should go to the "Global Settings Menu" section of the manual and then read about "Color 0-7" "LED BlinkOff" "LED BlinkOn" and "Alert Mode." That should answer all of your questions.

N5XTC

Premium Subscriber
In the global settings how do you turn on the 0 so i can use my led light, Thank-YOU

i dont understand what you are asking. i have the pro107 and now it very well. i can program it by hand. that is how i do everything, for the most part. i do load some large systems using freescan for it, however. the led alert light is easy to adjust under each system and talkgroup. mine is light blue for sherrif, blue for pd, red for fire ems, green for rangers, yellow for animal control, white for and UNID talk group and flashing.

trp2525

sorry about that, i get them confused as i have both. i use win50 for the pro 197 and pro 97.

Just for full clarification and to avoid confusing anyone, if you use StarrSoft programming software to program your Radio Shack scanners, you would use Win500 for the PRO-197 and Win97 for the PRO-97: Software for RadioShack PRO-series (PRO-92, 93, 95, 96, 97, 99, 163, 164, 106, 197, 651, 652), Whistler (WS1040, WS1065), and GRE PSR-series (PSR-500, 600, 300, 400, 310, 410) scanners

loneman313

Premium Subscriber
Led light Pro-197

I got the led light working, now can i go into my global settings using the scanner to change the colors for police fire county sheriff etc. and thanks for all the help.

trp2525

I got the led light working, now can i go into my global settings using the scanner to change the colors for police fire county sheriff etc...

If you go into the ARC500 program (that you said you have in your post above) and go to "Object Browser" "Scannable Objects" you will see that you can set the "LED Mode" and "LED Color" for each "object" that you have programmed in your scanner. You might want to make a backup of your ARC500 programming before you start making changes so that you can go back to where you started if you need/want to.

loneman313

Premium Subscriber
When i program my scanner i never saved it to arc 500, does that mean i have to start all over? i've had a stroke so my brain don't work very good but i remember i could change the colors going in the scanner global settings, i think LOL

QDP2012

When i program my scanner i never saved it to arc 500, does that mean i have to start all over? i've had a stroke so my brain don't work very good but i remember i could change the colors going in the scanner global settings, i think LOL

If you have ARC500, and the proper cable, and if your scanner currently has programming in it that you would like to save to your computer, you would...
FIRST use ARC500 to "DOWNLOAD FROM SCANNER" what is already in the scanner, BEFORE making any changes to what is in the scanner. This gets it from the scanner into ARC500.
THEN you would SAVE (what has been downloaded from the scanner into ARC500) to your computer.
THEN you might also save a second copy in another directory/folder on your computer, or onto external storage like an external hard drive or USB stick as another back-up.

THEN you can make changes to what is showing in ARC500, and UPLOAD TO SCANNER, to see if it improves your scanning experience. IF you want to save that new configuration, you should consider saving from ARC500 to your computer, but using a different filename, so you don't overwrite the original file.

Hope this helps,

Status
Not open for further replies.