Pro-96: Incorrect step on 800 Moto Type 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

policefreak

Premium Subscriber
I attempted to program a Moto Type 2 800mhz system on a pro 96. The CC of system site is 860.7125. I programmed in the correct TGs. I realized nothing was coming in and compared to another brand scanner, when in MAN mode, the CC sounded distorted. I went into TUNE mode and entered in 860.7125. The audio was very distorted. Then I went up to 860.71875 and the channel came in clear. So I entered in 860.71875 on the system CC. It picks up traffic but all the analog audio is distorted because all the voice channels are off a step. What do I do?

Joseph11

The PRO-96 has a really bad issue with drifting off frequency as it ages. I had the same issue with mine (with the same system you're trying to listen to). I sent it to Uniden for repair and they weren't able to fix it, unfortunately.

Engine104

Member since 2005
The PRO-96 has a really bad issue with drifting off frequency as it ages. I had the same issue with mine (with the same system you're trying to listen to). I sent it to Uniden for repair and they weren't able to fix it, unfortunately.

I haven't experienced that with mine, fortunately.

The Pro-96 was manufactured for Radio Shack by GRE. Why did you send it to Uniden?

ScannerSK

There is an adjustment inside that scanner to realign the displayed frequency with the received frequency. It has been some time since I owned this unit however it appears to be VR4 from the below document. I use to tune to a known frequency for the system and then adjust VR4 until it was received with the greatest strength and clarity and that would fix the problem.

PRO-96 Internal Adjustments - The RadioReference Wiki

Shawn

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.