Pro 197 Issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

nyemt774

Premium Subscriber
Have a Pro 197 installed in my vehicle. Have an issue. My local LE is P25 Phase 1. Now the 197 is supposed to be able to decode the P25 Phase 1. For a good amount of transmissions received the signal is garbled and unreadable, BUT at times it comes in clear...What could the issue be why I don't get the signal clear all the time?? Any suggestions??? Thanks!!!

krokus

Premium Subscriber
Have a Pro 197 installed in my vehicle. Have an issue. My local LE is P25 Phase 1. Now the 197 is supposed to be able to decode the P25 Phase 1. For a good amount of transmissions received the signal is garbled and unreadable, BUT at times it comes in clear...What could the issue be why I don't get the signal clear all the time?? Any suggestions??? Thanks!!!

Are you listening to a simulcast signal? Are the signals encrypted?

Sent via Tapatalk

marksmith

You either have a simulcast system, and when 1 tower is received you hear transmissions fine and they become garbled when multiple towers interfere with each other.

Or you gave a system where the are using encryption part time.

Scanners can do nothing about encryption, and only limited things like directional antenna can help with simulcast.

536/436/ws1095/996p2/996xt/325p2/396xt/psr800/396t/HP-1/HP-2 & others

nyemt774

Premium Subscriber
My Local LE is Digital P25 Phase 1. the other thing is I have a Uniden Bearcat HP1 which is hooked to rooftop antenna, I hear the same frequency, much clearer, without AS MUCH garbled transmissions unlike the 197 in my car...I find it interesting between the two scanners, the HP1 receives the same LE signal better without nearly as much garbled transmissions unlike the 197..I was wondering if it could be the antenna hooked to it on my car..I might try switching antennas and see if that helps...

drayd48

If you are listening to a simulcast system, you may be getting multisite distortion, where the scanner does not know which specific tower to receive from.

Status
Not open for further replies.