pro 2051 programming problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

belashmit

Premium Subscriber
i uploaded convention frequencies for n.c. forsyth county ems/fire and do not get them. is their some settings i need to change in the scanner to be able to hear them. i am totally confused.
Billy

shadcall

It appears that your county is on the system below. I also noted that many of the talk groups are P25 digital which your scanner cannot decode. There are a few analog talk groups which your scanner will be able to hear. It also seems that there are also talk groups on the NC Viper system which is also digital. You will need a different scanner to hear them. Look in the "mode" column for an A. These are the groups you can hear. You will not be able to hear those marked D.

https://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?sid=1682

N8IAA

It appears that your county is on the system below. I also noted that many of the talk groups are P25 digital which your scanner cannot decode. There are a few analog talk groups which your scanner will be able to hear. It also seems that there are also talk groups on the NC Viper system which is also digital. You will need a different scanner to hear them. Look in the "mode" column for an A. These are the groups you can hear. You will not be able to hear those marked D.

https://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?sid=1682

He's aware of that. Check his other thread in this forum. You'll find it works on his 396XT. He just wanted to find a way to make his 2051 work, rather than to be a paperweight.
Larry

MY2SONS

Premium Subscriber
Sorry if it's in wrong place but would a Pro 2051 work for Lebanon county Ems in Lebanon County Pa. TY

N8IAA

Sorry if it's in wrong place but would a Pro 2051 work for Lebanon county Ems in Lebanon County Pa. TY

Might have asked this question in the PA state forum further down the forums page.
But, it will work on EMS and FD. County LE uses a digital format that can't be heard with your radio.
Larry

TailGator911

Silent Key/KF4ANC
MY2SONS self-sufficient research will save you a lot of time and aggravation, with yourself and other folks here. (and having to wait for answers) Learn the coding and acronyms on the RRDB for the systems you want to listen to, and know your scanner's capabilities.

I have a 2051 and its limited, for me and my area, as to what I can hear on it. Conventional, older trunk systems, UHF non-digital trunk systems, etc. I mainly use mine for exclusive monitoring of local business itinerant dot frequencies, and VHF/UHF, air and ham radio SkyWarn repeaters, conventional emergency stuff, etc

Also, know your local system and your scanner's digital capabilities, if it tracks P25 1 or P25 II (phase 1 or phase 2). the coded system on the RRDB will tell you everything you need to know and save you time and trouble when you are programming or figuring which scanner to purchase. Good luck!

JD
kf4anc

Status
Not open for further replies.