RadioReference on Facebook   RadioReference on Twitter   RadioReference Blog

Go Back   The RadioReference.com Forums > Scanners, Receivers and Related Equipment Forums > Radio Shack Scanners

Radio Shack Scanners - A forum for the discussion of all Radio Shack scanning radios and receivers.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 04-16-2018, 4:16 AM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider

Unhappy Programming a PRO-97 Scanner

I have had this scanner for ever and never found the way to properly program it. I just found the WIN97 program but don't know exactly how to use it. Does anyone know of a video to walk me through setting this up with alpha tags etc? I love this little scanner and it still operates great but i cant Pause it on a channel and have to just keep hitting scan to find them talking again. If i could get any help in the right direction I would greatly appreciate it. Thank you in advance.
Sponsored links
Old 04-16-2018, 6:22 AM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Easier to Read Pro-97/2055 Scanner Manual
Old 04-16-2018, 9:46 AM
  Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Default the pro 97

does not do rebanding.
Scotts Peak Salt Lake, UT 853.6125c 856.4625 857.9875a
if you could receive that system it should work as it has the "old" channels.
all the other salt lake systems have frequencies that are 1, 2, or 3 places after the decimal point.
they are the rebanded frequencies.
Old 04-16-2018, 10:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monzie View Post
... I love this little scanner and it still operates great but i cant Pause it on a channel and have to just keep hitting scan to find them talking again. If i could get any help in the right direction I would greatly appreciate it. Thank you in advance.
What bands/systems are you trying to listen to? You state that the scanner operates great, so VHF high/low band channels should work OK in regards to pause and scan. Like already mentioned, you may be trying to monitor a system that has been rebanded, and the radio doesn't have the capabilities of monitoring rebanded systems.
Old 04-16-2018, 2:40 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Smile PRO-97

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monzie View Post
I have had this scanner for ever and never found the way to properly program it. I just found the WIN97 program but don't know exactly how to use it.
If you understand the scanner, WIN97 is laid out with the same details.

Quote:
I love this little scanner and it still operates great but i cant Pause it on a channel
If you are on a conventional channel, just press MAN to pause it. Press SCAN to resume. If you are on a trunked talk group, press and hold T to "Pause" it (for the '97 it is called HOLD mode). Press SCAN to resume.

Quote:
and have to just keep hitting scan to find them talking again.
Well, if you want to hear other channels, yeah, you'll have to press SCAN to resume scanning.

Quote:
If i could get any help in the right direction I would greatly appreciate it. Thank you in advance.
A lot depends on where you are, what you want to monitor (specifically). While there's a lot you can monitor (conventional analog VHF, air, etc); there's a lot you can't.
Old 04-16-2018, 4:39 PM
  Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Default "hitting scan to hear them talking again"

it means he is listening to a trunked system and trying to follow the conversation.
i don't know what system though.
Old 04-16-2018, 7:22 PM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider

Smile

Correct Sorry I am have a Homepatrol Scanner that does everything for you with the programming. I enter in a 800mhz freq and it will not stay on one conv when paused. It wont pause at all because its not set up correctly.

Tags
pro97