RadioReference on Facebook   RadioReference on Twitter   RadioReference Blog

Go Back   The RadioReference.com Forums > Scanners and Receivers Forums > Radio Shack Scanners

Radio Shack Scanners A forum for the discussion of all Radio Shack scanning radios and receivers.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 10-19-2006, 9:17 PM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider

Default NOAA Mode

I set my info in my Pro 96 for the NOAA for NWS SAME signal and have it in Standby Mode. While in Standby does it lock the scanner so I am unabe to listen to any others channels? If so is there any other way to still listen to other channels while being the Standyby Mode?
Sponsored links
Old 10-22-2006, 6:06 PM

you could set the weather channel as the priority channel. You do this by pressing function and then the priority button while listening to the weather channel. The problem with doing this is, if you are listening to a trunked conversation the scanner does not check the priority channel untill afterit resumes scanning, possibly causing missed weather alerts.
Old 10-22-2006, 7:46 PM
  Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Thanks! I just set my Pro-97 up with WX as priority... Awesome...
Old 10-22-2006, 8:43 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

ok i put the s.a.m.e codes in my pro 97 and pro 96. my question is when there is bad weather will it automaticly go to that code set for the county that has bad weather
Old 10-23-2006, 12:08 AM
Completely Banned for the Greater Good

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbharper
ok i put the s.a.m.e codes in my pro 97 and pro 96. my question is when there is bad weather will it automaticly go to that code set for the county that has bad weather
Speaking of that , is there a spot on RR here that tells you how to set up S.A.M.E in the 2096?
Sponsored links
Old 10-23-2006, 4:06 AM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

SAME codes do not work while in weather priority... If you want SAME, you have to dedicate the scanner. Better to buy a $30 SAME radio and have it 24/7
Old 10-23-2006, 11:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdale
SAME codes do not work while in weather priority... If you want SAME, you have to dedicate the scanner. Better to buy a $30 SAME radio and have it 24/7
ok Thanks 100%
Old 10-23-2006, 1:11 PM

Default Pro 97 & 2055 SAME Standby

During the last big storm system that came through NE AR I had my wife turn on both scanners......I had her set the 2055 to SAME standby and use the 97 to listen to the local law........I was at work by the way

A tornado warning was issued for a nearby county and the 2055 went off....scared the hell outta her.....but it worked........that justified to her my purchase of those scanners.......she don't like fooling with them, but she has listened a few times with me when there has been interesting stuff going on......

I leave the 2055 on SAME Standby at night if there's a threat of bad weather in the area, that way it alerts us to any warnings.
Old 10-24-2006, 9:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbaearle
During the last big storm system that came through NE AR I had my wife turn on both scanners......I had her set the 2055 to SAME standby and use the 97 to listen to the local law........I was at work by the way

A tornado warning was issued for a nearby county and the 2055 went off....scared the hell outta her.....but it worked........that justified to her my purchase of those scanners.......she don't like fooling with them, but she has listened a few times with me when there has been interesting stuff going on......

I leave the 2055 on SAME Standby at night if there's a threat of bad weather in the area, that way it alerts us to any warnings.
Thanks for the input from all , appreciated 100%
Sponsored links

Old 10-25-2006, 10:33 AM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider

I found out with the Win96 software you can enter the SAME codes for your county and turn on ATT. This can be on under the system/weather tab and these options are on the right hand side of the page. I am at work so I don't have the screen shot infront of me. On my Pro-96 the scanner says "ATTon" and it scans just like normal but if NOAA gives a warning I hear it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skud
I set my info in my Pro 96 for the NOAA for NWS SAME signal and have it in Standby Mode. While in Standby does it lock the scanner so I am unabe to listen to any others channels? If so is there any other way to still listen to other channels while being the Standyby Mode?
Old 10-25-2006, 10:46 AM

Quote:
I found out with the Win96 software you can enter the SAME codes for your county and turn on ATT. This can be on under the system/weather tab and these options are on the right hand side of the page. I am at work so I don't have the screen shot infront of me. On my Pro-96 the scanner says "ATTon" and it scans just like normal but if NOAA gives a warning I hear it.
GOOD INFO , thank you very much , give it a whirl on my 2096.
Old 11-05-2006, 5:32 PM

I have a pro-96 too and whenever you are in NOAA standby you stay there and can't listen to anything else unless you press <func><wx>, or, you turn it off.
Old 11-05-2006, 9:32 PM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Quote:
COMPLETELY wrong... The attenuator has nothing to do with weather reception - check the manual.

In any case, you cannot monitor SAME codes while scanning. I said that above, it was true then and it's true now. You can only monitor weather alerts for all counties / hazards. You have to dedicate the scanner if you want to filter for SAME counties.