programming the pro 2051 scanner

Status
Not open for further replies.

bali1011

I just received the pro 2051 scanner as a gift and am really confused! The last scanner I owned was a Radio Shack scanner that required crystals to receive the frequencies.
All I want to do at this time is listen to just 4 or 5 frequencies. I can figure out how to program the stations but I can't figure out how to listen to just them. I would think it is possible to lock out everything but a few select channels.
ANY HELP WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED!!!

Dubbin

Feed Provider
You can program what you want to listen to in one bank and then turn the rest off OR you can lock out anything you don't want to listen to.

Bucko

The thing with the 2051 is the PVT and state/ police modes that gets people confused. You probably want to listen to your freqs in the PVT ( private mode ), push PVT then push FUNC then PVT till you get the display to show private only ( you will see it flash police/ state/ private ). If there are no freqs programed in a channel then it defaults to lockout or you just press 0 then enter in the program mode. Pushing the numbers while the scanner in scan mode will lock or unlock your banks.

Bucko

Ugly for some but to others it is easier on the eyes than say green, at least for me. No there is no dimmer for the display that I am aware of. Yes till you get use to it can be a rascal to program but guess I am use to it. If you are really having a hard time to figure how to program then ARC433 will make it a snap to do so.

Bucko

skoobyjman said:
easire than scan lite?
If you mean easier or better than ScanCat Lite, by all means. I tried ScanCat and there is no comparison to ARC433. The nice thing is I can use ARC433 with my 2051 and 433.

Status
Not open for further replies.