PRO-137 Racing scanner

Status
Not open for further replies.

N8IAA

Has anyone got any knowledge of this new "racing scanner" from RS yet? I've seen the FCC manual, but it is very lean on info. I'm just wondering if it will do ctcss and dcs. Definitely looking for a small scanner that does conventional with those features. No, I don't want a 246 or GRE PSR scanner. Pocket size with ctcss. I have been looking into the Alinco DJ-X30 and X7, also.
Thanks for any input,
Larry

N8IAA

I'm not looking for a racing scanner, just something that doesn't necessarily do trunking. But, has memory banks, newer steps sizes, ctcss, and dcs. More like a ham ht, but not as expensive. Smaller pocket size too. I hate hauling around my 97 or 96. They tend to make my shirt pockets stretch;>P
Larry

KC5EIB

Feed Provider
Have scanner in hand. Basic user operation is straight forward selecting preprogrammed race and car numbers. No CTCSS or DSC programming available can name each bank with race (Bush, Nextel, ....). Radio will allow user to program same car number into different banks under different race names but will only go to the lowest channel with that car number. Example: I have car 5, Kyle Bush in channel 214 and truck 5 Mike Skinner in channel 015. When I select Car 5, it only goes to channel 015 even if channel is locked out. Radio comes with long and short antennas. Antenna uses a SMA screw mount instead of the more common BNC connector. Comes with a swivel belt clip. Attachment to radio is solid. Belt clip might be a problem though it is like most cell phone clips.

Single knob on top serves 3 functions. In normal position it is the channel selector. Push down and release and it becomes the volume. Push and release and it switches back to the channel selector. While it is in the volume mode, pushing the function key toggles it between volume and squelch.

More info later.

DaveIN

Founders Curmudgen
Database Admin
KC5EIB said:
Have scanner in hand. Basic user operation is straight forward selecting preprogrammed race and car numbers. No CTCSS or DSC programming available can name each bank with race (Bush, Nextel, ....). Radio will allow user to program same car number into different banks under different race names but will only go to the lowest channel with that car number. Example: I have car 5, Kyle Bush in channel 214 and truck 5 Mike Skinner in channel 015. When I select Car 5, it only goes to channel 015 even if channel is locked out. Radio comes with long and short antennas. Antenna uses a SMA screw mount instead of the more common BNC connector. Comes with a swivel belt clip. Attachment to radio is solid. Belt clip might be a problem though it is like most cell phone clips.

Single knob on top serves 3 functions. In normal position it is the channel selector. Push down and release and it becomes the volume. Push and release and it switches back to the channel selector. While it is in the volume mode, pushing the function key toggles it between volume and squelch.

More info later.

Similar in operation to the Uniden BR330T.

KC5EIB said:
Radio will allow user to program same car number into different banks under different race names but will only go to the lowest channel with that car number. Example: I have car 5, Kyle Bush in channel 214 and truck 5 Mike Skinner in channel 015. When I select Car 5, it only goes to channel 015 even if channel is locked out.

This doesn't sound right, are you sure your selecting the channel correctly?

KC5EIB

Feed Provider
I used the pre programed race information and places the cup frequencies in banks 1 and 2.

I them moved them to Banks 3 and 4 using the menu functions

I then used the pre programed race information and places the trucks in banks 1 and 2.

If I use the program car function, the radio goes to the lowest channel number that has that car number in it.

Status
Not open for further replies.