Train or Rail Tracking on web?

Status
Not open for further replies.

icom1020

Premium Subscriber
I find websites like Live Ships Map - AIS - Vessel Traffic and Positions for ship movements and FlightAware > Live Flight Tracker > Philadelphia Airport (Essington, PA) [9N2] for following aircraft to be very interesting, is there something along these lines for tracking rail traffic? I'm mostly interested in traffic in the U.S./North America but anything would be great.
Thanks in advance!
Tom

Not publicly,(employee log in only) there are a few ARPS and UP related steam tracking events whenever they move a steam engine around like the 3985 and 844. Some people uses ATCS monitor to watch occupancy at select control points. I think rail cams and railroadradio.net and psrr.net are the closest right now to determining whose where and they are a minute or two delayed.

Radioman96p71

Feed Provider
Check out ATCSMon It will open your eyes! I run it on a dedicated computer/LCD its very neat to watch.

KCØGIK

Sporadic E enthusiast
Not sure if this helps out, but you can track shipping containers you see on trains at track-trace.

blueangel-eric

Feed Provider
BNSF has an online train tracking like what the dispatcher has called the ODIS and you can see a track diagram of the subsdivision and click on the train symbols and get detailed info on each train. it wasn't publicily available but someone told me how to sign on as a student. but so many railfan teenagers on youtube found out and slowed the system and now they changed the longin twice. the 3rd time i'm out and don't know what it is. but for a whole yr it was so much fun. found good trains i'd never see without it. shot photos of KCS Southern Belle leading a train on the BNSF Emporia sub and full Ferro-Mex consists i wouldn't have know was coming without it now life is tough once again.
I even knew when my favorite engineer or conductor was coming. not to mention downloading timetables, trackcharts, and maps. and dispatcher territory maps that helps explain why we hear on the radio "DS 4" or "DS 104" etc each number is a territory. the map helps explain where each is. took some digging to find those special maps.

now i can't look for those officer specials anymore. drats!!!!!!! that's something ATCS Mon doesn't do.

Status
Not open for further replies.